Zahi Younes is experienced in matters related to mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, securities and corporate transactions. After working for eight years at a law firm in Beirut, he joined Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie Limited in January 2006, where he spent almost three and a half years. In April 2009, Mr. Younes joined Baker McKenzie’s office in Abu Dhabi as part of the corporate team and was made partner in January 2011.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as transaction counsel to Saudi Arabian Company for Hardware (SACO) in relation to its initial public offering of 7,200,000 shares representing 30% of the Company’s share capital.
- Advising foreign investment banks and issuers on the capital market and securities regulations applicable in the United Arab Emirates and in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), including the offering of securities and funds in these jurisdictions.
- Advising on the initial public offering of one of the largest construction groups in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acting as transaction counsel on the initial public offering of 102,000,000 shares in Knowledge Economic City, representing 30% of the total share capital and raising USD272 million - the largest IPO in the Gulf region during the first six months of 2010.
- Advising the Saudi Arabian Government in connection with the privatization of the mining sector through a restructuring and the initial public offering of 462,500,000 shares in Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden).
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising Abdullah Hashim Group (AHG), the largest private industrial gases company in Saudi Arabia, in relation to the USD166 million sale of a 25% stake in AHG to Air Products.
- Advising Swiss elevator and escalator manufacturer, Schindler Management, on the acquisition of 100% of Saudi Elevator Company (2nd biggest player in Saudi Arabia).
- Advising in relation to the acquisition by a consortium led by Mitsubishi Corporation of a 75% stake in AJIL, a major leasing company.
- Advising in relation to the purchase by Saudi Telecom Company of AwalNet.
- Advising Abraaj Capital in connection with the acquisition of a 40% stake in the Saudi Tadawi Company for Health Care.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- AIJA - Member
- Lebanese Bar - Member
- Lebanon (1998)
- ESA (Beirut), ESCP-EAP (Paris-Europe) (Master's Degree Business Administration) (2004)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Ph.D. E-Commerce Law) (2002)
- Montpellier University (Master's Degree Information Technology) (1998)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Master's Degree Anglo-American Law) (1997)
- St. Joseph University of Beirut (J.D. Lebanese and French Law) (1996)
- Abu Dhabi