Eva-Maria Ségur-Cabanac joined the Firm’s Vienna office as a partner in 2008. She is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in Austria and New York. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Dr. Ségur-Cabanac worked as an associate in the New York, Paris and Frankfurt offices of a well-known US law firm.
Dr. Ségur-Cabanac focuses her practice on capital markets transactions and related legal issues, as well as cross-border mergers and acquisitions. She has broad experience in public and private securities offerings across a variety of industries and has been recognized among Austria's leading capital markets lawyers by PLC Which Lawyer?, Legal 500 and Chambers Global and Europe. She also represents clients in capital markets related disputes and advises on ongoing capital markets regulatory and compliance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising FCC and its subsidiary FCC Construcción in connection with claims brought by the insolvency administrator and holders of bonds issued by FCC's now insolvent wholly-owned Austrian subsidiary Alpine Holding GmbH.
- Advised FCC regarding disclosure aspects relating to the insolvency of the Alpine group in connection with FCC's capital increase.
- Acted as underwriter's counsel on the capital increase of AT&S.
- Acted as underwriter's counsel on the "re-IPO" of Lenzing AG.
- Acted as underwriter's counsel on the capital increase and secondary offering of shares of DO & CO Restaurants & Catering Aktiengesellschaft.
- Acted as underwriter's counsel on the capital increase and dual listing in Vienna and Warsaw of shares of Warimpex Finanz- und Beteiligungs AG.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2008)
- New York~United States (2001)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.