Thuy Hang Nguyen is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Ho Chi Minh office and the head of the Employment and Labor practice in Vietnam. She joined the Firm in 2006 and has been involved in a wide range of practice areas in various investment projects. She has extensive experience in employment and labor law, and has advised on corporate and regulatory compliance issues in Vietnam, including mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment licensing, corporate and commercial matters. Ms. Nguyen is a leading authority and frequent speaker on employment and labor law in Vietnam and the Asia Pacific region.
Ms. Nguyen focuses on various employment and labor matters involving contentious and non-contentious issues. She particularly places emphasis on labor regulations compliance, the employment aspects of major corporate restructurings and transactions, employment issues in relation to senior executives and managers, global migration and executive mobility, restrictive covenants and trade secrets, and labor dispute resolution.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on the settlement of individual and collective labor disputes, including strikes.
- Advising on privacy issues, whistleblowing, compliance reporting and helpline schemes.
- Advising on compensation structure, salary, insurance and other employee benefits.
- Advising on replacement and termination of services of those in managerial positions, such as general managers, regional managers and chief representatives.
- Advising on relocation, secondments and work permits of foreign staff.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - Chairwoman of the HR/Labor Committee
- Ho Chi Minh City~Vietnam (2010)
- New York~United States (2009)
- University of Hawaii at Manoa (Executive MBA) (2010)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (LL.M. International & Comparative Law) (2006)
- Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (B.A. International Law) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie (Vietnam) Ltd., a limited liability company, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.