Karen Man is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Practice Group. She focuses her practice on financial services regulations, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. Ms. Man is admitted to practice in Hong Kong, as well as in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an Australia-based international bank on the post-acquisition integration issues following its acquisition of the Asian retail and commercial banking operations of another major bank.
- Advising a Japanese financial institution on the expansion of the equity capital markets, corporate finance and advisory businesses in Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region.
- Advising a local bank on the proposed reorganization and migration of its offshore banking business to Hong Kong.
- Advising a number of financial intermediaries in regulatory investigation arising from the distribution and selling of investment products related to Lehman Brothers Group and others.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited on the establishment of its private banking business in Hong Kong.
- Advising a Portuguese bank on the proposed establishment of its private banking business in Hong Kong.
- Advising a variety of local, North American, European, Australian, Japanese and other Asian financial institutions on the establishment, structuring and operation of various financial services businesses.
- Advising a variety of local, North American, European and other Asian financial institutions on various Hong Kong regulatory matters including stock lending and borrowing, short selling, disclosure of interests, foreign investment restrictions, referral arrangements, market misconduct and insider dealing issues, operation of electronic trading platform, trading of US and PRC securities, offering of securities and structured products, offering of employee incentive schemes and other securities related matters.
- Acting for a variety of local and international banking and financial institutions on the drafting, modification or consolidation of their client documentation.
- Advising and coordinating regional surveys in relation to conduct of businesses by various financial intermediaries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Hong Kong (2000)
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (1999)
- New South Wales~Australia (1997)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1995)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (1993)