Michael Fieweger represents private equity and venture capital funds, institutions, family offices and hedge funds and strategic acquirers in their formation and global acquisition and investment activities. Mr. Fieweger has a background in corporate finance, having previously served as a commercial lending officer with a division of JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. Mr. Fieweger is the chairman of the Firm's Global Private Equity Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of the New Bakery business from Wendy's Corporation.
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of Sonneborn LLC.
- Represented One Equity Partners in investment in Grupo Phoenix Holdings.
- Represented Priceline Ventures in investment in Brazilian online travel company Hotel Urbano.
- Represented PBM Capital in acquisition of BREAS Medical from GE Medical.
- Represented Panattoni Group in USD1.2 billion real estate joint venture with California State Teachers Retirement System.
- Represented APTA Capital in formation and financing of Global Restaurant Group Ltd.
- Represented Walter Meier AG in acquisition of Port-A-Cool LLC.
- Represented One Equity Partners in disposition of chemical terminals operator LBC Holdings LLC.
- Represented Bayard Group Ltd. in leveraged buyout of Cellnet Technologies Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Venture Capital Association - Member
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce - Member of Board and Executive Committee
- Illinois~United States (1994)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. Charles Cheney Hyde Award in International Law) (1994)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. Economics cum laude) (1988)