Georgie Farrant is a partner in Baker & McKenzie's Sydney office and a member of the Australian Dispute Resolution, Compliance, Financial Services and Insolvency practice groups. She also serves as a member of the Firm's Global Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Group.
Georgie practices in commercial disputes, with a particular focus in financial services disputes, including civil actions relating to financial services and financial products, insider dealing and market abuse actions, takeover related actions and advice, and disciplinary actions by regulatory bodies. She also advises companies in relation to a range of compliance and regulatory issues including anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, whistleblowing and regulator investigations.
- Acting for a financial services licensee in relation to claims arising from fraudulent conduct by an authorised representative, including liaising with ASIC and obtaining freezing injunctions.
- Acting for a financial services licensee in relation to an insurance claim arising from conduct of the licensee’s authorised representative.
- Advising an Australian listed company in relation to breach of warranty and insurance claims arising from unit mis-pricing issues.
- Acting for an IT outsourcer in relation to a claim for breach of contract, negligence and breaches of the Trade Practices Act relating to the installation of a customer billing system.
- Advising an Australian bank in relation to issues arising from security lending arrangements.
- Advising companies and individuals in relation to ASIC notices to produce documents and ASIC examinations.
- Advising companies in relation to anti-money laundering and anti-corruption issues and providing training to staff in relation to those issues.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of England & Wales
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1998)
- University of Nottingham (Legal Practice Course) (1995)
- Bristol University (LL.B.) (1994)