Simon De Young, a partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Melbourne office, has extensive experience in private equity, public and private treaty M&A and equity capital markets transactions. He is a member of the Firm's Global Health, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology team, and has practiced in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Simon frequently advises leading private equity firms and multinational companies on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reconstructions and joint ventures. He also advises clients on general corporate and securities matters throughout Australia and Asia. Simon's industry experience covers a number of sectors, including health, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, food and beverage and agribusiness.
- Advising on market leading domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising on major mergers, including by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for leading private equity firms on major Australian public to private bids and exits, including by way of dual track sale processes.
- Acting on a broad range of capital raising transactions.
- Australian Venture Capital Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- Victoria~Australia (1999)
- Melbourne University (LL.B. Honors) (1997)
- Melbourne University (B.A.) (1997)