Luis Casals has been a partner at Baker McKenzie since 2010. He has developed his professional career in the areas of Corporate Law and M&A, advising Spanish and international companies on mergers, acquisitions and corporate and commercial matters. Mr. Casals has been a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1994 and the International Bar Association since 2003.
Luis provides ongoing counsel on corporate matters to a wide range of different companies and groups, holding the position of secretary of the board of directors for several companies in a variety of different sectors such as the energy, hotel and catering, industrial and commercial distribution, as well as new technologies and the food industry. He has advised corporations, funds and venture capital management companies on investment transactions in many different industries and played an active role in IPO’s and share capital increases of listed companies, as well as advising investment funds both in Spain and abroad.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised BP on several M&A deals, including the acquisition of the LUCENT chip manufacturing plant in Spain for use by BP SOLAR.
- Represented Caja Castilla La Mancha (CCM), a major Spanish savings bank, in the acquisition of a significant holding in companies such as ISOLUX CORSAN and ROOM MATE HOTELS.
- Advised TELEFONICA on the launching of the TPI (PAGINAS AMARILLAS) Initial Public Offering, including the preparation of the relevant prospectus and corporate resolutions to be passed.
- Represented DELOITTE in the acquisition of ARTHUR ANDERSEN auditing business in Spain.
- Advised BCBG MAX AZRIA on the acquisition of DON ALGODON, a major Spanish fashion retail chain.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bar Association - Member
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Madrid~Spain (1994)
- Universidad San Pablo CEU