Dr. Altenkirch represents clients mostly in international arbitrations and is currently acting in ICC, DIS, HKIAC, and CIETAC arbitrations. He focuses on Post M&A disputes as well as disputes arising from license and distribution agreements. Moreover, Dr. Altenkirch has experience in handling complex construction disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents a Taiwanese industrial conglomerate in a DIS arbitration concerning the breach of a financial statements warranty (amount in dispute EUR42 million).
- Represented an Italian marketing company in a Post M&A Dispute concerning the rescission of a share purchase agreement.
- Acted as secretary to the tribunal in a DIS arbitration involving price adjustments in an M&A transaction.
- Represented a company from the photovoltaic sector in a USD25 million ICC arbitration seated in Tokyo concerning the breach of a license and technology transfer agreement and the violation of a non-compete clause.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company in a CIETAC arbitration seated in Shanghai concerning the termination of a Distribution Agreement.
- Represented a US pharmaceutical company in a litigation concerning the termination of a Distribution Agreement (amount in dispute EUR9 million).
- Represents an energy company in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a power plant (amount in dispute more than EUR1.2 billion).
- Represented a contractor in several disputes concerning the construction of offshore wind farms.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- DIS 40 - Member
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration - Member
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Young & International (ICDR Y&I) - Member
- HKIAC's HK45 - Member
- Germany (2012)
- Regional Court of Mainz (Assessor Exam) (2011)
- King's College London, UK (LL.M.) (2008)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (2007)