Viacheslav Yakymchuk practices in the Firm’s Corporate/M&A Practice Group in the Kyiv office. He has also served as assistant corporate counsel in Europe for Archer Daniels Midland since 2005. Mr. Yakymchuk authored a number of articles about the legal framework for investing in Ukraine and the Ukrainian telecommunications sector. In addition, he frequently speaks on the diverse aspects of M&A transactions in Ukraine, as well as on corporate domestic and international securities. He is admitted to practice in Ukraine and in New York, USA.
Mr. Yakymchuk is seasoned in handling European M&A transactions and has extensive experience in domestic securities, telecommunications matters, venture capital and private equity.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Horizon Capital with respect to its co-investment with Hartwall Capital into the Inkerman wine business.
- Advising Unicredit Bank as the underwriter on dairy producer Milkiland's IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, where the company raised EUR53 million.
- Advising Horizon Capital with respect to the acquisition of a minority stake in Vitmark Ukraine, one of Ukraine’s top producers of juice.
- Advising Horizon Capital with respect to its multimillion US dollar acquisition of a minority stake in Datagroup, one of Ukraine’s top providers of data networks as well as fixed-line, satellite, and wholesale telecommunications services. The investment will reach up to USD40 million.
- Advising on the sale of 100 percent of the participation interest in LLC Technocom, Ukraine’s market leader in instant noodles, instant mashed potato, ready-to-eat soups and dehydrated seasonings under the Mivina brand, to Nestle S.A.
- Advising SAB Miller Plc, one of the world’s largest brewers operating in over 60 countries across six continents, with respect to its acquisition of a 100 percent interest in Sarmat, one of the largest Ukrainian brewers.
- Advising for Providence Equity Partners, the world’s leading media and communications private equity firm, with respect to its USD300 million investment into Volia Limited, one of the leading cable TV and broadband internet providers in Ukraine.
- Advising ArcelotMittal in its USD4.8 billion acquisition of a 93.02 percent stake in JSC Kryvy Rih Mining and Metallurgical Mill “Kryvorizhstal” through the privatization tender.
- Advising Ukrainian financial and industrial group on USD231.3 million sale of a Ukrainian GSM mobile operator “Ukrainian Radio Systems.”
- Advising Archer Daniels Midland on USD40 million acquisition of the sunflower oil extraction plant in the port of Illichyvsk (Ukraine).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
New York~United States (1999)
Saint Louis University School of Law
Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.