Pamela Dayanim is a partner in the Washington, DC office specializing in corporate and securities law matters. Ms. Dayanim currently serves on Baker & McKenzie’s North America Global Reorganizations Steering Committee. Prior to rejoining the Firm in 2006, Ms. Dayanim practiced in Tel Aviv, where she counseled Israeli Nasdaq-listed companies on their US corporate and securities law requirements.
Ms. Dayanim represents domestic and foreign clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, ongoing securities law reporting, securities law compliance and corporate governance issues. Ms. Dayanim has extensive knowledge of and practice with the Securities Act and the Securities Exchange Act and the application of regulations adopted pursuant to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS Act).
Ms. Dayanim also has extensive experience with the planning and implementation of global reorganization transactions for multinational enterprises, including post-acquisition integrations, tax-planning restructurings and spin-off transactions.She also counsels clients on a range of corporate and finance transactions, including venture capital investments and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented lodging REIT in its initial public offering and follow-on public and private offerings of both debt and equity securities, including bond offerings, preferred stock offering, rights offering and at-the-market equity offering.
- Represented information technology government contractor in connection with its leveraged employee buyout, initial public offering, and its subsequent 144A high yield notes offerings and Exxon Capital registered exchange offerings.
- Represented US publicly-traded company with respect to securities law reporting and corporate governance matters.
- Represented the World Bank in connection with a multi-jurisdictional survey of the financial services, securities, commodities, and tax issues related to the operations and transactions of two carbon finance funds.
- Represented a US publicly-traded company in connection with a USD900 million financial restructuring.
- Represented a German issuer in the establishment of an American Depositary Receipt program in the US.
- Advised on the strategic reorganization of a large US publicly-traded multi-national corporation (involving over 40 jurisdictions) in the food industry.
- Represented US publicly-traded multi-national company in the global restructuring relating to the spin-off of its commercial and residential security business.
- Represented US publicly-traded multi-national company in connection with an inversion transaction and related global restructuring.
- Represented numerous US publicly-traded companies (including in information technology, manufacturing and retail sectors) on the planning and implementation of global post-acquisition integration transactions and tax-planning transactions.
- Represented a US publicly-traded company in the cross-border aspects of its acquisition of a neurovascular business in approximately 40 jurisdictions, worth about USD1.5 billion.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Women's Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals - Member
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2004)
District of Columbia~United States (2002)
New York~United States (2002)
Georgetown University Law Center
(J.D. cum laude)
(B.A. magna cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.