Mirjam de Blécourt is a board member of Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam and serves as joint head of the Amsterdam and European Employment Groups, where she is also one of the practice group leaders. She has extensive experience advising clients on employment law and employment law proceedings. She has been recognized as leading Employment lawyer by top legal directories — European Legal Experts, Legal Business, European Legal 500 and Chambers Europe and Global. Ms. de Blécourt is chairperson of the working group Internationale Medezeggenschap appointed by the Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht Advocaten (Association of Employment Lawyers).
Ms. de Blécourt advises Boards of Directors of multinationals on a broad range of employment law matters. She is involved in major collective dismissals, providing consultancy services to advice requests from works councils, and the harmonization and integration of employment conditions packages in connection with mergers and takeovers. She also advises on strategic matters relating to works councils and trade unions, and handles European and other works councils matters. Furthermore, she advises on complex issues in outsourcing, collective agreements and stock option schemes. She conducts legal proceedings relating to social plans, major dismissals and resignations of Board members resulting from a reorganization or fraud.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents large national and international companies, including APM-Terminals, Applera, Cobelfret, Hewlett-Packard, KPN and Monsanto.
- Acts for the Central Works Council of ABN AMRO in the take-over by the Consortium.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht - Member
- European Employment Lawyers Association - Member
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Chairperson, Female Cancer Program Foundation, 2009
- Member, Stichting Het Concertgebouw Fonds, 2007
- Member, Women on Top, Stichting ArboUnie, 2004
- Editorial Board Member, Global Employer
- Board Member, Festival Classique in the Hague
(Master's degree Tax Law)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.