Mirjam de Blécourt is co-head of the Employment group in Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam. She joined the Firm in 1990 and was a member of the board of the Amsterdam office from January 2011 until July 2013. Previously, she joined the board from July 2003 until July 2007. Through the Firm's European Steering Committee, Mirjam was one of the practice group leaders of the European Employment Group, consisting of more than 200 lawyers. She has also been a member of the European Compliance Steering Committee. She is chairman of the working group Internationale Medezeggenschap appointed by the Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht Advocaten (Association of Employment Lawyers).
Mirjam advises on general employment law and employment law proceedings. She is involved in major collective dismissals, counseling works councils and advising on the harmonization and integration of employment conditions packages in connection with mergers and takeovers. She advises boards of directors about strategic matters with regard to works councils and trade unions. Furthermore, she advises in complex issues in outsourcing, collective agreements and stock option schemes. She also focuses on issues relating to European and local works councils. She conducts legal proceedings relating to social plans, major dismissals, and resignations of board members as a result of, for instance, reorganization or fraud. She has advised in substansive fraud cases. In matters of European reorganizations, she works closely with the Firm's European Employment Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents large national and international companies, such as Hewlett-Packard, APM-Terminals, Menzies, Nidera, Engelhard, Oracle, Applera, Cobelfret, Eaton, the works council of Canon and the works council of Crucell.
- Acted for the Central Works Council of ABN AMRO in the takeover by the Consortium.
- Played a key role in the recent victory for Johan Cruyff and the Ajax youth coaches in the proceedings regarding a boardroom dispute they filed against Ajax NV and four members of its supervisory board.
- Acted for the the Central Works Council with respect of the intended sale of Wehkamp.
- Winner, Best in Labour and Employment in Europe, International Financial Law Review’s European Women in Business Law Award, 2012, 2011
- Leading employment lawyer, European Legal Experts, Legal Business, European Legal 500 and Chambers Europe and Global.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht Advocaten
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Board member, Women on Top, December 2006 – June 2011
- Board member, Stichting ArboUnie, 1 February 2004 – present
- Board member, Stichting Het Concertgebouw Fonds, 1 June 2007 – present
- Chariman, Female Cancer Program Foundation, 1 January 2009 – 1 October 2011
- Advisory board member, Female Cancer Program Foundation, 1 October 2011 – present
- Board member, Festival Classique, the Hague, 1 February2009 – 1 July 2012
- Advisory board member, the Foundation Anniversary Minerva (39th Anniversary)
- Member, Rotary Club Zandzegge, Bilthoven, 1 January 2004
- Board member, Stichting Hervormde Internaten voor de Schippersjeugd and Stichting Prokino, 15 March 1999 – 31 January 2003
- Author, The Law EU for equal representation of males and females in Board of Directors and Supervisory Board of Directors
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.