Mini vandePol is a partner in Baker & McKenzie's Melbourne office and is the head of the Asia Pacific Regional Dispute Resolution Group. Mini is a member of the Firm's Global Compliance Group and has been a partner since 2000.
Mini's practice focuses on commercial litigation, insolvency, corporate compliance and banking & finance litigation. Mini also advises clients on compliance issues, including FCPA related issues, bribery and corruption risks, conflicts of interest and legal professional privilege.
Representative Legal Matters
- The negotiated settlement of a world-wide mareva injunction in the Supreme Court of Queensland involving a Bahrainian joint venture.
- Protracted multi-million dollar international joint venture disputes in State Supreme courts.
- Acting on behalf of Administrators of Australian subsidiaries of overseas corporations.
- Acting in relation to a large-scale global investigations into breaches of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, including cooperating with US Department of Justice in relation to international allegations of bribery.
- Advising and developing protocols for multinational clients to protect and preserve legal professional privilege in their global operations, including the coordination of local law advice from the Firm’s offices.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Lawyers Engaged in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.