Michael Fieweger represents private equity and venture capital funds, institutions, and hedge funds in their formation and global acquisition and investment activities. In addition, Mr. Fieweger has significant experience working with entreprenuers and established companies in connection with the development, financing, and commercialization of emerging technology solutions. Mr. Fieweger has a background in corporate finance, having previously served as a commercial lending officer with a division of JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. Mr. Fieweger is the co-chair of the Firm’s North American Private Equity Steering Committee and a member of the Firm's Global Private Equity Steering Committee.
Mr. Fieweger focuses his practice on private equity matters. He represents venture capital funds, institutions, and hedge funds in their formation and global acquisition, as well as investment activities.
Representative Legal Matters
View All »
- Represented Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore in US venture investments in mobility solutions area.
- Acted as outside counsel to mobility solutions provider, FastMobile in five rounds of venture financing and sale to Research in Motion.
- Designed protocols for and acted as lead outside counsel for Compaq Computers corporate venturing program.
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of Sonneborn Inc. and Sonneborn Refined Products B.V.
- Represented One Equity Partners in minority investment in Grupo Phoenix SA.
- Represented EOS Partners in minority investment in ProEnergy Services, LLC.
- Represented Apta Capital in investment in and formation of Global Resturaunt Group — the first KFC franchisee in the Ukraine.
- Represented Panattoni Development Corp. in USD1.2 billion joint venture with CalSTRS.
- Represented Walter Meier AG in acquisition of Port-A-Cool LLC.
- Represented CHAMP Ventures in investment in H-E Parts Group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Venture Capital Association - Member
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce - Member of Board and Executive Committee
Illinois~United States (1994)
Northwestern University School of Law
(J.D. Charles Cheney Hyde Award in International Law)
University of Notre Dame
(B.A. Economics cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.