Michael Fieweger represents private equity and venture capital funds, institutions, family offices and hedge funds and strategic acquirers in their formation and global acquisition and investment activities. Mr. Fieweger has a background in corporate finance, having previously served as a commercial lending officer with a division of JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. Mr. Fieweger is the chairman of the Firm's Global Private Equity Practice Group.
Mr. Fieweger focuses his practice on private equity matters. He represents venture capital funds, institutions, and hedge funds in their formation and global acquisition, as well as investment activities.
Representative Legal Matters
View All »
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of the New Bakery business from Wendy's Corporation.
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of Sonneborn LLC.
- Represented One Equity Partners in investment in Grupo Phoenix Holdings.
- Represented Priceline Ventures in investment in Brazilian online travel company Hotel Urbano.
- Represented PBM Capital in acquisition of BREAS Medical from GE Medical.
- Represented Panattoni Group in USD1.2 billion real estate joint venture with California State Teachers Retirement System.
- Represented APTA Capital in formation and financing of Global Restaurant Group Ltd.
- Represented Walter Meier AG in acquisition of Port-A-Cool LLC.
- Represented One Equity Partners in disposition of chemical terminals operator LBC Holdings LLC.\
- Represented Bayard Group Ltd. in leveraged buyout of Cellnet Technologies Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Venture Capital Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce - Member of Board and Executive Committee
Illinois~United States (1994)
Northwestern University School of Law
(J.D. Charles Cheney Hyde Award in International Law)
University of Notre Dame
(B.A. Economics cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.