Lewis Apostolou is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker & McKenzie where he assists clients raise, invest and manage capital around the world, with a particular focus on corporate transactions involving listed and unlisted fund vehicles, including REITs.
Lewis' practice centres around assisting clients undertake domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions in respect of debt and equity securities, REITs, financial instruments and managed fund products. He also assists clients with mergers, acquisitions and reconstructions, including transactions involving listed and unlisted funds. He has extensive experience in international capital markets, and advises clients in Australia on investment opportunities throughout Asia. Lewis also has extensive experience in a range of matters relating to funds management and financial services, including product development, regulatory compliance and corporate.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions, including IPOs and listings on the ASX and SGX.
- Advising on investment, restructure and control transactions involving ASX-listed and unlisted investment funds and managers.
- Advising issuers and investment managers on the establishment and offering of funds and other investment and derivative products in Asia and the US.
- Advising investment managers on the acquisition, management and disposal of investments.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taxation Institute of Australia
- APREA's Unlisted Sector - Best Practices Work Group - Kaplan Professional Committee Member, Law, Regulation and Ethics Subject
New South Wales~Australia (1996)
(Bachelor of Commerce Honors)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.