Lewis Apostolou is a corporate and securities partner in Baker & McKenzie's Sydney office and head of the Australia Funds Transactions Group. He helps clients undertake domestic and cross-border capital markets and M&A transactions. Lewis has been ranked as a leading lawyer for financial services regulation in Chambers Asia Pacific since 2012.
Lewis' practice has particular emphasis on the alternative private investment fund and REIT sectors. He works closely with the Firm's real estate and energy and infrastructure groups on complex M&A transactions, privatizations, take private transactions and structured investment transactions in those sectors. Lewis also advises investors in funds and other investment arrangements, in addition to advising clients on a range of non-transactional matters such as regulatory compliance and corporate governance. He was also a lead partner on the Sydney Desalination Plant privatisation, which received the "Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2012" award by Project Finance International.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising investment managers, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds on the acquisition, management and disposal of their Australian and international investments, which includes advising on all relevant regulatory requirements and co-investment and investment management arrangements.
- Advising financial investors on the management of their portfolio investments, including follow-on investments and acquisitions.
- Advising on domestic and cross-border capital markets, restructuring and merger transactions involving listed and unlisted REITS, investment funds and managers.
- Advising issuers, investment managers and independent trustees on the establishment and offering of funds and other investment and derivative products in Asia Pacific, Europe and the US.
- Advising investors in funds and other investment arrangements, including pension funds and sovereign wealth funds.
- Advising non-financial institution clients on M&A and other corporate transactions.
- Advising a range of clients on non-transactional matters such as regulatory compliance relating to funds management and financial services and corporate governance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of New South Wales
New South Wales~Australia (2008)
(Bachelor of Commerce Honors)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.