Karim Nassar has nearly a decade of experience advising on a wide range of corporate, corporate finance and M&A transactions for local and foreign companies in Saudi Arabia. He was seconded to the Capital Market Authority from January 2004 to March 2005, where he helped develop and finalize the agency’s regulatory framework. Mr. Nasser has also written several articles on the Capital Market Authority in Saudi Arabia for various publications. He is a member of the Lebanese Bar Association, and is fluent in English, French and Arabic.
Karim Nassar focuses his practice on privatizations, corporate, securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, as well as financial services regulations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing the Saudi Arabian Government in connection with the privatization of the mining sector through a restructuring and the initial public offering of 462,500,000 shares in Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden)
- Acting for Saudi Industrial Gas Company Limited (SIGAS), the second largest industrial gases company in Saudi Arabia, in relation to the sale of a majority shareholding in that company to Linde AG
- Advising the sellers in connection with the sale of a majority stake in a major Saudi pharmaceutical company to a leading Gulf-based private equity fund
- Advising Abraaj Capital in connection with the acquisition of a 40% stake in the Saudi Tadawi Company for Health Care
- Acting as transaction counsel in the initial public offering of 315,000,000 shares in Kingdom Holding Company
University of Paris X
St. Joseph's University
Legal Advisors, Torki Al-Shubaiki, License No. 501, is associated with Baker & McKenzie Limited, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.