Bryan Paisley is a member of the Banking & Finance team in the Firm’s Sydney office and has been a partner since 2007. He has been acknowledged as having an 'always commercial' approach by Asia Pacific Legal 500 2011/2 and was recognised by his peers for his banking and finance expertise in the Australian Financial Review Best Lawyers 2012 survey.
Bryan represents local and international banks, investors and borrowers in connection with leveraged and acquisition finance transactions, corporate bank facilities, secondary debt transactions, insolvency and restructuring and refinancing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a Chinese food conglomerate on the financing of its acquisition of a major Australian food distribution business.
- Advising an international fund on financing the acquisition by an Australian mining company of businesses in Japan and the United States.
- Advising an investor on the acquisition of a distressed debt real estate portfolio from a European bank.
- Advising the private equity owners of an Australian mining services business on an innovative mezzanine funding structure.
- Advising an Australian statutory authority in connection with its acquisition of an iconic tourist resort.
- Advising the administrators of a power generation business in connection with the group's senior and mezzanine syndicated project finance facilities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Venture Capital Association - Member
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia - Associate Member
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association - Leveraged Finance Committee Member
New South Wales~Australia (2005)
England & Wales~United Kingdom (1997)
Northern Ireland~United Kingdom (1996)
King's College London
Institute of Professional Legal Studies Belfast
University of Warwick
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.