Comprehensive resources, focused advice for vehicle producers and parts suppliers in the global race for innovation, integration and cost reduction
Unprecedented market forces and new technologies are driving change in the automotive industry. Companies are examining old assumptions and consolidating operations to gain efficiencies at home and offshore. Production and distribution of automobiles, trucks, buses, heavy equipment, and automotive components have become global ventures, involving diverse international relationships and transactions. Companies face hard decisions and new legal exposures as they struggle to transform existing operations and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers, at a time when an increasing number of them are in financial difficulty.
At Baker & McKenzie, we have the capability and the reach to address the legal, tax and commercial issues facing automotive companies in these turbulent times. Our Global Automotive Practice Group includes more than 300 lawyers and economists in the key jurisdictions throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with deep knowledge and experience in the issues facing automotive companies wherever they operate. Our unique array of transactional experience across the world has enabled us to assist our automotive clients in restructuring international operations and in acquiring or disposing of distressed assets in multiple jurisdictions, to optimize supply chain efficiency and to respond to the constraints of tightening credit markets.
As the leading law firm in China, in Mexico, in Eastern Europe, and in Southeast Asia, Baker & McKenzie has led the way in helping dozens of automotive companies achieve cost savings, enhance key customer relationships, and navigate legal risks as they move production and engineering to new places.
Our long history of advising automotive companies on their operations in North America also positions us to provide efficient advice to Europe and Asian companies and their suppliers as their North American operations grow and change.
We can collaborate with your law department and your tax department to coordinate services efficiently, get results, and reduce overall legal fees.
We get to know our automotive clients. We often work as extensions of their in-house legal and tax departments, as we collaborate seamlessly and fluently across practices and jurisdictions to achieve their legal and commercial objectives in a cost effective manner.
The depth of our experience with the concerns of automotive clients, and the extent of our experience in working together to deal with those concerns, can enable you to conserve scarce internal resources and to reduce overall outside legal fees when you consolidate legal and tax services with Baker & McKenzie:
- Restructuring operations to meet the escalating demands of a tight credit market
- Planning and executing corporate transactions
- Negotiating distribution, licensing and outsourcing agreements
- Establishing operations in new jurisdictions
- Managing difficult labor issues
- Meeting tax and transfer pricing requirements while minimizing their global tax burden
- Protecting your intellectual property and enforcing IP rights when infringement occurs
- Anticipating and meeting environmental regulations
- Handling product recalls and product liability claims
- Obtaining the benefit of favorable trade rules and complying with diverse trade regulations in foreign jurisdictions
- Complying with competition laws and preparing to deal with competition law issues arising from acquisitions of new operations and contacts with competitors and potential competitors
- Efficiently managing executive transfers and immigration issues
Whether you are strengthening your position at home or expanding into vital new markets, we deliver comprehensive, integrated services to our automotive clients at a level that few other firms can match. Quickly assembling cross-border, multidisciplinary teams, we exchange ideas and best practices to design and execute flexible, timesaving solutions for your distinct needs.
Learn more about our ability to help