Amar Budarapu currently serves as chairman of the Firm’s Global Securities Practice Group. He previously chaired the North America Corporate and Securities Practice Group and served as a member of the Global M&A Practice Steering Committee. He also serves as managing partner of the Firm’s Dallas office. Mr. Budarapu mainly practices in the areas of public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Mr. Budarapu routinely advises public companies and underwriters in corporate and securities transactions. He has also represented issuers and underwriters in connection with registered and private equity and debt offerings, including initial public offerings. Additionally, Mr. Budarapu represents clients in public and private M&A transactions. Mr. Budarapu has broad experience in national and cross-border transactions particularly in the coordination of complex multijurisdictional transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of an underwriter in a Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering of common stock (USD500 million).
- Representation of a public company in the defense of a hostile takeover.
- Representation of a public company in the sale of the company (USD2.8 billion).
- Representation of an underwriter in the public offering of common stock (USD350 million).
- Representation of an investment banker in the sale of a public company (USD275 million).
- Representation of an issuer in a universal shelf and subsequent convertible notes offering (USD1.1 billion).
- Representation of a public company in the sale of the company (USD400 million).
Texas~United States (1991)
University of Minnesota
(J.D. magna cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.