Evgeny Reyzman has extensive experience practicing in Russian labor law and employment litigation matters, as well as in the areas of commercial litigation, and Russian criminal law and procedure. Top ranked by Chambers Global 2009, clients describe him as a "genuine veteran of the employment scene who knows absolutely everything there is to know." PLC Which Lawyer? also recognized him as leading lawyer in its 2008 and 2009 editions. Chambers Europe 2007 regards him as one of the big three employment lawyers in Moscow. Mr. Reyzman joined Baker McKenzie in 1998 and became a partner in 2001. Prior to joining the Firm, he was a senior legal adviser for a major Russian bank and practiced as an advocate with the Inter-Republican Bar Association and the Moscow City Bar Association. In addition to his practice, Mr. Reyzman actively participates in the activities of the American Chamber of Commerce in Moscow as a member of its Human Resources Executive Committee.
Mr. Reyzman’s practice covers labor employment and business immigration, employment litigation and administrative justice matters. He also provides general advice in relation to Russian criminal law and procedure. Mr. Reyzman has litigated on employment and commercial matters in Russian courts of general jurisdiction and in State Arbitrazh courts. He has also represented clients in domestic and international arbitration disputes.
- Advising major multinational corporations on various aspects of Russian employment law in connection with the establishment and management of businesses in Russia including hiring personnel, staff redundancies, relocation of employees, employees’ compensation and benefits, social security, labor safety, disciplinary sanctions and termination for just cause.
- Advised local subsidiaries of Western companies on collective bargaining and trade unions’ rights, as well as on the scope of the authorities of Russian Government agencies in employment supervision and on the relevant administrative procedures.
- Represented Western companies and their Russian subsidiaries in employment litigation — such as wrongful dismissal, disciplinary sanctions, invalidation of internal policies, compensation — and administrative justice cases.
- Advised clients of the Firm in Russia on issues of Russian criminal law and procedure, represented clients and their employees in cases of criminal prosecution cases affecting interests of clients, advised on corruption-related issues of internal investigations.
Членство в профессиональных организациях
- American Chamber of Commerce in Moscow - Human Resources Executive Committee
Допуск к практике
- Россия (1986)
- Emory University School of Law (степень магистра права) (1994)
- American Law Center of Emory University (American) (1992)
- Law & Legislation Research Institute of the U.S.S.R., Moscow (кандидат наук Law) (1991)
- Ivanovo State University (диплом юриста) (1986)
- Co-author, "Russia: New industry agreement for machine-building sector," Bakermckenzie InsightPlus, 12 August 2020
- Co-author, "Moscow Extends Self-isolation Regime," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, May 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19 - Russia Eases Rules for Foreign Employees," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020
- Co-author, "Moscow Announces New Restrictions on Businesses and Residents," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020
- Co-author, "Latest Measures Against Coronavirus in Russia," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020