Dmitry Marchan is a partner in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. He is knowledgeable in various M&A transactions, general corporate support for foreign companies operating in Russia, advising on various acquisitions, joint ventures, antimonopoly issues, infrastructure and PPP projects. Mr. Marchan has extensive experience in power projects.
Mr. Marchan’s practice focuses on general corporate, mergers and acquisitions, major projects, and PPP.
- Advised Horizon Capital on a USD40 million investment into Tinkoff Credit Systems, the first online bank in Russia.
- Advised Dalkia International in connection with the establishment of a joint venture with Quadra (formerly Territorial Generating Company No. 4) to manage and operate district heating facilities in Russia.
- Advised Samara Region Development Corporation on capital investment and reconstruction of the Kurumoch International Airport in the Samara region.
- Acted as legal counsel for Endemol in setting up its joint venture with WeiTMedia, and advised the client on various aspects of the transaction, including its structuring and negotiation of the main transaction documents.
- Advised Brink’s, a global security transportation and cash logistics company, with respect to the acquisition of several Russian companies providing transportation and private security services.
- Advised AgustaWestland, an Italian helicopters’ producer, with respect to its joint venture with Russian Helicopters aimed to organize a joint production of AW139 helicopters in Russia.
Допуск к практике
- Россия (1999)
- Московский государственный институт международных отношений (International Law) (1999)
- Московский государственный институт международных отношений (LL.B.) (1998)
Co-author, "Corporate Rules Eased During Coronavirus Crisis," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020
Author, "Recent Trends in Russian M&A Deals and Prospects for International Transactions," The Moscow Times, May 2012