Eugene Arievich heads the Firm’s CIS Intellectual Property Practice Group. Since 2006, he has been recognized a Star Individual by Chambers, IAM Patent 1000, Legal 500 and World Trademark Review 1000 in Russia and across the CIS. Mr. Arievich is a member of the European National TMO Relations Subcommittee of the Trademark Office Practices Committee of the International Trademark Association. From 2001 to 2003, he served on the INTA Board of Directors. He is the chairman of the IP Committee of the Association of European Businesses (AEB). Mr. Arievich is also a member of ECTA, MARQUES, PTMG, FICPI and the Russia Patent Attorneys Association where he serves on the board.
Mr. Arievich’s practice encompasses all areas of IP law throughout the CIS, with a special emphasis on all aspects of trademark protection, as well as litigation and enforcement in trademark, patent, copyright and other IP-related matters.
- Successfully advised Christian Louboutin in obtaining registration for the brand’s “Red Sole” trademark. The Chamber for Patent Disputes withdrew the original refusal of the Russian examination authorities and granted protection to the trademark.
- Represented Richemont International and its affiliated companies, Manufacture Jaeger LeCoultre and Vacheron and Constantin, in litigation involving the cancellation of the unfair registration of “Jaeger-LeCoultre” and “Vacheron Constantin” trademarks in Russia in the name of third parties for clothing.
- Represented HBO in a dispute against registration of the trademark “Sex and the City” in the name of Parlan Group, which was using the trademark as the name of their Russian glossy magazine.
- Acted for Intel Corp. and successfully contested a decision of Rospatent in four court instances that maintained protection of the Comintel service mark registered in the name of a local namesake company for telecom services.
- Successfully defended Reed Messe Wien in trademark cancellation cases based on non-use allegations before the Chamber for Patent Disputes in connection with the “Intertool” and Aqua-Therm” trademarks.
Допуск к практике
- Россия (1985)
- All-Union Inst. of the U.S.S.R. Legislation (J.D.) (1985)
- Central Institute of Continued Education (Certification Patent Law) (1978)
- Moscow Linguistic University (Master of Arts) (1973)
- Co-author, "Russian Federation: The government approves agreement on regional Eurasian trademarks," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 25 September 2020
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.