Área de especialización
Melissa regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and shareholder disputes with a particular focus on the technology, media and telecommunications sector.
However, she also has experience advising clients from a wide range of other sectors, such as: industrials and manufacturing; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; retail and consumer; hospitality, hotels and F&B, real estate and construction; and education.
Asuntos legales representativos
Mergers & Acquisitions
Advised Afterpay and AP Ventures on the acquisition of an equity stake in Postpay, a UAE-based “buy now, pay later” fintech business that operates in the Middle East region.
Advised a Dubai government entity on the acquisition of a 21.7% stake in Taaleem from Amanat Holdings PJSC.
Advised Dar Al Takaful PJSC on the acquisition of Noor Takaful General PJSC and Noor Takaful Family PJSC.
Advised Edenred (a French-headquartered global prepaid corporate services company) on the acquisition of a portfolio of clients from Mint (a regional payment service provider group).
Advised Frigoglass SAIC on the sale of its UAE manufacturing operations to ATG Investments Limited (part of the Al Tajer group).
Advised IQVIA (a global provider of healthcare information, services and technology) on the acquisition of Dimensions Healthcare (a Middle Eastern healthcare informatics solutions group) from the founders thereof.
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales – Member
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant (2008)
- Senior Courts of England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2007)
- BPP Law School (Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test) (2008)
- College of Law at Sydney (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2007)
- Queensland University of Technology (Double Degree: Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business) (2005)
- Panelist speaker, “Breakout Session: The impact of the pandemic on gender diversity in the M&A sector,” Intralinks M&A EMEA and APAC Virtual Summit, November 2020
- Panelist speaker, “Innovation in the M&A process,” MergerMarket Innovation Breakfast, January 2020
- Panelist speaker, “Managing risk and terminating contentious relationships in MENA,” Baker Women Middle East roundtable panel discussion, January 2020
- Panelist speaker, “Managing the rise of transactional M&A and joint venture compliance in the Middle East,” Baker McKenzie roundtable panel discussion, September 2019