Lawyer from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, with expertise in matters related to environment and public law. Natalia has studied a MSc in Environmental Policy and Regulation at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Her current research interests involve environmental regulation, political ecology, sustainable economies and environmental and social issues around natural resources. Specifically, she has been studying the illegal mining, deforestation and impacts to vulnerable people, thus she has published a few articles on that matter.
Natalia has focused her practice on advising national and international companies, banks and financial entities in mergers and acquisitions, projects and financing, with focus on environmental issues for energy, fishing, mining, agriculture and infrastructure sectors. Likewise, Natalia has been part of multidisciplinary teams creating strategies to mitigate and control environmental risks for relevant projects in Peru.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assist INNOVA AMBIENTAL in the new legal framework applicable to solid waste management, by (i) updating its matrix of obligations and responsibilities and (ii) preparing a permits matrix applicable to landfills.
- Assist Olympic Perú Inc., Sucursal del Perú in regulatory and environmental advice on a regular basis in connection with the client’s operations in Block XIII (northern coast of Peru).
- Advise Grupo Energía Bogotá in connection with the offering and sale of 73,807,653 ordinary shares of Grupo Energía Bogotá S.A. E.S.P. in the United States.
- Advise MetLife in connection with a USD 41.8 million secured credit facility to Complejo Agroindustrial Beta.
- Represent several companies in sanctioning procedures initiated by the Peruvian entity, Organismo de Evaluación y Fiscalización Ambiental.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- "Vako Vako: vamos a concertar": Legal workshops to the members of two native communities located in Satipo, Junin, Peru.
- Sinba Sura project: Legal advisory to the project called Sinba, which purpose is to transform organic wastes of Peruvian restaurants into high-qualify feed for animals.
- Lima~Peru (2017)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc Environmental Policy and Regulation) (2020)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Graduate in Law) (2015)