Jorge Zubaran has been a member of the Firm’s Corporate group in Mexico City since 2007. Mr. Zubaran has over 10 years of experience in corporate and commercial law. He received his law degree — and later his specialty degree in commercial law — from the Universidad Panamericana, being admitted to practice law in the Mexican Republic in 2006.
Mr. Zubaran focuses his corporate practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring and planning, including due diligence conduction, assets transactions and general corporate matters. He provides advice on the negotiation of commercial contracts, including the negotiation and implementation of outsourcing structures, and negotiation and analysis of legal matters related to foreign investment. In addition, Mr. Zubaran counsels on public and private bids, and real estate and infrastructure projects, including energy projects, being a participant in the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure internal sector group of the Firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided advice to an important international Gas and Pipelines company in its participation in a public bid for the provision of gas transportation services, derived from the recent Energy Reform in Mexico.
- Advised a government company (paraestatal) on the determination of possible liabilities derived from an arbitral resolution against a multinational company.
- Assisted El Monte de Piedad (a major private social work and pawn shop institution) in the negotiation of the agreements for the outsourcing and implementation of a third-party management of its technological platform and IT systems.
- Assisted an important company in the energy industry in the consortium created to participate in a public bid for the nationwide exchange of regular electric bulbs with energy saving bulbs.
- Advised a multinational credit company on the granting, modification and cancellation of credits to several governmental institutions.
- Advised General Motors de Mexico on the negotiation of the agreements for the implementation of tracking devices in GM vehicles, and related tracking services.
- Assisted several companies in outsourcing projects in Mexico, including outsourcing of technological services.
- Participated in the purchase of the logistics business of a large IT company.
- Advised international online travel companies on regulatory compliance and consumer protection matters.
- Advised a large international auto parts company on the internal reorganization of its affiliates and subsidiaries in Mexico and the restructure of their intercompany loans.
- Mexico (2006)
- Universidad Panamericana (2006)
- Bolsa Mexicana de Valores (2004)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.