Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm he:
Advised the supervisory board of Stada Arzneimittel AG in connection with the takeover by Bain/Cinven and the investigation regarding alleged compliance issues.
Advised TA Associates in its sale of eCircle to Teradata and of Bigpoint to Youzou Interactive.
Advised Equistone on various investments and exits, including Konrad Hornschuch's sale to Continental, Siteco's sale to Osram and Ratioform's sale to TAKKT.
Advised Silverfleet on various investments and exits, including M+W Dental and Jost.
Represented Arcelor against Mittal Steel’s takeover, co-leading the German defense team.
Advised the management of HSE24 in the acquisition of HSE24 by Providence (IFLR "Private Equity Deal of the Year" in 2013).
Advised Outokumpu in relation to its acquisiton of the stainless steel business of ThyssenKrupp (IFLR "M&A Deal of the Year" in 2013).
Represented Fresenius SE in connection with the sale of Fresenius Biotech and its joint venture with Binnopharm, a subsidiary of Sistema.
Advised Evonik in the sale of its subsidiaries Ruetgers Chemicals and DBT.
Represented Daimler in its acquisitions of a 15% share in Kamaz and its disposal of more than 20 dealerships in Germany.
- Leading Individual, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2015
- Best Lawyers International 2015: Germany für Private-Equity und M&A, IFLR 1000
- One of the leading lawyers, JUVE Wirtschaftskanzleien 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Munich Bar - Member
- Germany (1996)
- University of Munich (Dr. iur.) (1997)
- Regional Court of Mainz (Assessor Exam) (1995)
- University of Texas at Austin (LL.M.) (1993)
- University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (1991)