Dr. Lutz Zimmer is an of counsel in the Baker McKenzie Corporate Practice Group in Germany. He has more than 22 years of experience in the areas of corporate law, particularly on transactional work and advice to boards on governance matters.
Lutz regularly advises on M&A for private equity and strategic clients and board members on corporate law including governance matters. He also represents clients in the healthcare industry and private equity clients on national and international matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm he:
- Advised the supervisory board of Stada Arzneimittel AG in connection with takeover by Bain/Cinven.
- Represented Arcelor against Mittal Steel’s takeover.
- Advised the management of HSE24 in acquisition by Providence.
- Advised Outokumpu in relation to stainless steel business of ThyssenKrupp.
- Represented Fresenius SE in connection with the sale of Fresenius Biotech and its joint venture with Binnopharm, a subsidiary of Sistema.
- Advised Evonik in the sale of its subsidiaries Ruetgers Chemicals and DBT.
- Represented Daimler in its acquisition of a 10% share in Kamaz and disposal of dealerships in Germany.
- Advised TeleColumbus in its financial restructuring by means of a scheme of arrangement under UK law.
- Leading Individual, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2015
- Best Lawyers International 2015: Germany für Private-Equity und M&A, IFLR 1000
- One of the leading lawyers, JUVE Wirtschaftskanzleien 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Munich Bar - Member
- Germany (1996)
- University of Munich (Dr. iur.) (1997)
- Regional Court of Mainz (Assessor Exam) (1995)
- University of Texas at Austin (LL.M.) (1993)
- University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (1991)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.