Rose Zhu is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Beijing and Hong Kong offices. She has gathered extensive experience in cross-border transactions, some of which are high-profile, ground-breaking transactions. She has practiced in the United States, Hong Kong, and China, and is included in Strathmore’s Who’s Who Directory.
Rose's major clients include COFCO, China Foods, Sinochem Corp., China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, China Minmetals Corporation, China Development Bank, China CITIC Bank, CNIC Corporation, Postal Savings Bank of China, Bank of China, Guodian Group, Three Gorges Finance, Chalco, Shanghai Railway Bureau, Chongqing Machinery, Kunming Dianchi Water, Guangshen Railways, PPG, IBM, Lucent, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, JPMorgan, UBS and Credit Suisse, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented COFCO Limited in its acquisition of Chinatex Corporation.
- Represented China Foods in a proposed M&A transaction involving multiple parties.
- Represented China Minmetals Corporation in its strategic restructuring with China Metallurgical Group Corporation.
- Represented Sinochem in its proposed acquisition of Nufarm, a company listed on the Australia Stock Exchange.
Capital Markets Transactions
- Represented Kunming Dianchi Water Treatment Co., Ltd in its IPO in Hong Kong.
- Represented Guodian Technology & Environment Group Corporation Limited in its USD 363 million IPO in Hong Kong.
- Represented the underwriters (led by Citigroup Global Markets, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, DBS Bank Ltd., Goldman Sachs, Standard Chartered and UBS AG) in connection with the establishment of USD 5 billion Medium Term Notes Programme by Sinochem Hong Kong (Group) Company Limited.
- Represented Merrill Lynch (Asia Pacific) Ltd. as the sole underwriter in connection with the USD 300 million offering of 3.124% bonds due 2022 by Sinochem Offshore Capital Company Limited (guaranteed by Sinochem Hong Kong Group Company Limited).
Banks and Financial Institutions
- One of the “Foreign Legal Experts” recognized by the China Banking Regulatory Commission.
- Representing China CITIC Bank, China Minsheng Bank, China Development Bank and GF Investment in connection with their various cross-border leveraged finance transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Finalist, Financial Times 2016 Innovation in Finance Law Award
- Member, Strathmore’s Who’s Who Directory
- New York~United States (2000)
- Stanford Law School (JD with honors) (1997)
- Duquesne University (MA Public Policy) (1992)
- Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (LLB with honors) (1990)