Danian Zhang is a senior counsel of the Shanghai office of Baker McKenzie. He primarily assists clients in mergers and acquisitions as well as corporate matters. Mr. Zhang is ranked among the leading corporate lawyers in China by top legal directories, including Asia Pacific Legal 500, Asia Law, Global Counsel 3000, PLC Which lawyer? and IFLR 1000. He is admitted in Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Zhang’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and environmental compliance in the PRC.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a large British petrochemical company in relation to establishment of an ethylene cracker joint venture in Shanghai with a total investment of USD2.7 billion.
- Acting for a major US company for acquisition of share and assets of Chinese companies and establishment of several aluminium manufacturing WFOEs and joint ventures in China with a total investment of more than USD300 million.
- Advising a major Chinese state-owned automotive company in Shanghai in relation to its merger and acquisition of foreign companies in Korea and UK with total investment of more than USD900 million.
- Advising a major Indian company in establishing a manufacturing joint venture by acquiring state-owned assets of a major PRC state-owned enterprise with a total investment of close to USD100 million.
- Acting for a major US consumer products company in connection with its corporate restructuring and various joint ventures and WFOEs matters in China.
- Acting for a major European company in relation to the sale of its wine distribution business and operation of a winery in China.
- Acting for a European company for the negotiation and establishment of an agri-chemical joint venture in China with a total investment of USD80 million.
- Acting for a major US chemical company for share acquisition and establishment of a joint venture in China, with total investment amount of more than USD100 million.
- Advising several multinational companies in relation to PRC environmental compliance issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia~United States (1991)
- Pennsylvania~United States (1990)
- Duke University (J.D.) (1989)
- Fudan University (LL.M.) (1986)
- Fudan University (LL.B.) (1983)
- Hong Kong