Anouschka Zagorski is a member of the Banking and Finance Practice Group in the Frankfurt office. She was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 1993, admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 1999 and first admitted as a European lawyer at the Frankfurt Bar in 2001. She was admitted as German qualified lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) in Germany in February 2016. Having been a tenant barrister at One Hare Court Chambers in London, an associate at a magic circle firm, partner at a multinational law firm and counsel at a UK magic circle firm in Frankfurt and senior counsel at McNair Chambers in Doha, Qatar, she joined the Frankfurt office of Baker McKenzie on 1 September 2011. Anouschka has been repeatedly recommended in the major legal directories, including Euromoney Legal Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers.
Anouschka’s practice includes corporate finance, asset finance (in particular aircraft and superyachts), export and trade finance, project finance and acquisition finance. She advises banks and other financial institutions, airlines, lessees and HNW owners on cross-border financing and acquisition structures. She is an experienced advisor on syndicated loans, aircraft finance transactions, superyacht acquisitions, tax leases, defeasance structures and the financing of motion pictures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a family office in the Middle East on the acquisition of superyachts, helicopters and large aircraft.
- Acted for the borrower and purchaser of a Falcon private jet financed by an international banking group.
- Acted for Boeing Capital Corporation on the secured financing of six Boeing B737 aircraft for Air Berlin.
- Acted for Vaillant GmbH on a guaranteed multicurrency revolving facility arranged by a global banking and financial services company.
- Acted for a global banking and financial services company on a syndicated term loan facility for Ahli Bank Qatar.
- Acted for a leading European bank on a syndicated term loan facility for Azerbaijan Railways.
- Acted for a private equity investment company on the acquisition of the BSN medical Group.
- Acted for Hochtief on the sale of its offshore business to DEME.
- Acted for ING Bank on a Euler Hermes-covered secured financing of a cement line in Thailand.
- Acted for Société Générale on an ECA-covered and commercial loan facility for a steel producer in China.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oxford Alumni - Member
- Frankfurt/M.~Germany (2016)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- Inns of Court School of Law (Bar Exam) (1993)
- Oxford University (Exeter College) (Bachelor of Civil Laws) (1992)
- University of London (King's College) (LL.B. Honours) (1991)
- University of London (King's College) (Diploma Legal Studies) (1988)
- University of Bonn (Legal Studies) (1987)