Laura Zabele is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Employment & Compensation Practice Group in Chicago. Her practice focuses on defending employers in high-stakes single plaintiff and class and collective actions. Laura also counsels employers on a wide range of Labor and Employment issues. While in law school, Laura served as an Article Editor for the Boston University International Law Journal.
Laura focuses on the defense of employers in litigation before federal and state courts, and administrative agencies throughout the US, including class action and multi-plaintiff employment discrimination lawsuits, state law overtime class actions, FLSA collective actions, and trade secrets and restrictive covenant matters. She also advises employers on preventive measures, including reviewing employment policies, counseling on disciplinary actions and investigations, negotiating severance and release agreements, and conducting employment practices review.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2016)
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- New York~United States (2011)
- Massachusetts~United States (2010)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.) (2010)
- Bucerius Law School (International Exchange Program in International and Comparative Business Law) (2009)
- Cornell University (B.A. with Distinction) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.