Marc Yudaken is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Marc focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate reorganizations and restructurings, general corporate finance, and empowerment transactions. He handles matters related to South Africa’s Medical Schemes Act and Long Term Insurance Act. He has also worked with the country’s Takeover Regulation Panel.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Marc
- Advised several shareholders of Annuity Property Managers and Annuity Asset Managers on the disposal of their interests worth approximately ZAR 100 million to Redefine Properties.
- Advised Investec Bank on all aspects relating to the proposed acquisition of the remaining 51.5% from Blue Strata Group.
- Advised Smollan Group in forming a strategic international partnership with Advantage Sales and Marketing to become the first and only global provider of innovative outsourced sales and marketing solutions for consumer goods companies and retailers.
- Advised Treacle Private Equity on all aspects relating to the proposed disposal of their interest in Robertson & Cain to Capitalworks, worth approximately ZAR 500 million.
- Advised Miranda Minerals on the proposed acquisition of an anthracite asset from Sentula.
- Advised JSW, a large Indian multinational conglomerate, on the disposal of its 26% shareholding in SACMH to Comogen.
- Advised Itochu Corporation and ITC Platinum on their participation and interest in the Platreef Project, a USD 1.2 billion mine development project in South Africa.
- Acted for Carlmac Steel in a hearing before the Takeover Special Committee set to determine whether a Consortium of Funds is obliged to make an offer to the minority shareholders in Alert Steel Holdings in terms of Regulation 85 of the Companies Regulations to the Companies Act No 71 of 2008.
- Acted for Bidvest in relation to its disposal of 25.001% of its interest in Yeastpro to Rymco as well as its entry into a supply agreement with Rymco.
- Part of the team that assisted Total in disposing 100% of the issued share capital of Total Coal South Africa and its related export marketing rights under primary Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2008)
- University of Witwatersrand (LL.B.) (2005)
- University of Witwatersrand (B.Com.) (2003)