Vivien Yu is a Special Counsel in the Firm’s Employment practice group based in Hong Kong. She has over 11 years of immigration law experience in Hong Kong and overseas. Vivien is a qualified solicitor and a Registered Migration Agent in Australia. She has been with Baker & McKenzie for over 8 years, leading the Greater China Immigration practice since 2013.
Vivien is a registered Migration Agent with the Australian Government's Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Vivien advises corporate and individual clients on a wide range of immigration and mobility matters with a focus on Greater China. She works closely with a team of professionals in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai, and advises multinational corporations across a variety of industries on business immigration and mobility requirements for the movement of personnel across Greater China.
Vivien also advises individual clients on investment visa options and related citizenship and residency issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising and assisting multinational corporations across a variety of industries, including the financial institutions, consumer goods & retail etc, on the use of available work permit and visa categories to meet business needs in Hong Kong and the PRC.
- Developed immigration compliance programs for business travellers and advised on protocols for expatriate transitions in the case of major business change, including mergers and acquisition, consolidation, reductions in force, and reorganization.
- Regional contact for APAC in developing and maintaining customized immigration and mobility programs for multinational corporations to achieve a globally mobile workforce.
- Advising start-up companies and investors on special immigration categories in Hong Kong and the PRC.
- Advising clients on merits reviews and appeals on visa applications.
- Advising and assisting individual clients on outside-policy immigration categories for fiancées, de facto/common law partners and surrogate children in Hong Kong.
- Advising individual clients on global investment visa options and related citizenship and residency issues.
- Conducted client audits, trainings and seminars on immigration visa categories and policies for Hong Kong and the PRC.
- New South Wales~Australia (2007)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B., B.Com. (International Business))