Alex Ydstie is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in London. He works with leading Nordic and European private equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as international corporates and his experience includes advising clients on M&A transactions (including private equity, growth capital and venture capital investments) in various industries, such as the technology, food and beverage, payments, renewable power, and retail sectors.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was an associate in another international law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Firm, Alex has advised, among others, the following clients:
- Applus+ on its acquisition of Besikta Bilprovning from Volati
- Dun & Bradstreet on its SEK 7.2B acquisition of Bisnode from Ratos and Bonnier
- Trill Impact on its acquisition of Nordomatic from Adelis Equity Partners
- KKR on its acquisition of a 30% stake in Sector Alarm as well as on its US $4.3 billion investment in multinational cosmetics and beauty company Coty Inc.
- A.P. Moller - Maersk on its acquisition of KGH Customs Services from Bridgepoint
- FSN Capital on its acquisitions of Fellowmind, Orango and eCraft, including the add-on acquisitions of ProActive A/S, Bonair, aXon and DQC (comprising the new Fellowmind group) as well as Office IT-Partner, Zetup and Dicom (comprising the new Nordlo group).
- Nalka Invest in the divestment of Hööks to the JULA group
- The shareholders / founders in the divestment of Diamorph AB (publ) (to the British private equity firm Epiris), Parfym.se (to the private equity firm Priveq Investment) and Bastard Burgers (to the Norwegian private equity firm Equip Capital)
- Nordic Capital and its portfolio company Quant on its acquisition of Sataservice
His experience prior to joining the Firm includes advising, among others, (i) FSN Capital on its acquisitions of Gram Equipment, Holmbergs Safety System and Bygghemma; (ii) EQT on its acquisition of Candidator; and (iii) Valedo Partners on its acquisition of the restaurant chain Pincho Nation AB with locations in Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- Sweden (2019)
- University of Lund, Sweden (LLM Juris kandidat) (2016)
- University of Kingston, The United Kingdom (Studies in English law) (2015)