Alex Ydstie is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in London. He works with leading Nordic and European private equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as international corporates and his experience includes advising clients on M&A transactions (including private equity, growth capital and venture capital investments) in various industries, such as the technology, food and beverage, payments, renewable power, and retail sectors.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was an associate in another international law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Firm, Alex has advised, among others, the following clients:
- The founders and the other shareholders in the divestment of Bastard Burgers to the Norwegian private equity firm Equip Capital.
- FSN Capital on its acquisitions of Fellowmind, Orango and eCraft (comprising the new Fellowmind group) as well as Office IT-Partner, Zetup and Dicom (comprising the new Nordlo group).
- KKR on its acquisition of a 30% stake in Sector Alarm.
- The founder and the shareholders in the divestment of Parfym.se to the private equity firm Priveq Investment.
- Nalka Invest in the divestment of Hööks to the JULA group.
- The shareholders in the divestment of Diamorph AB (publ) to the British private equity firm Epiris.
- Nordic Capital and its portfolio company Quant on its acquisition of Sataservice.
His experience prior to joining the Firm includes advising, among others, the following clients:
- FSN Capital on its acquisition of Gram Equipment, Holmbergs Safety System and Bygghemma.
- EQT on its acquisition of Candidator.
- Valedo Partners on its acquisition of the restaurant chain Pincho Nation AB with locations in Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- Sweden (2019)
- University of Lund, Sweden (LLM Juris kandidat) (2016)
- University of Kingston, The United Kingdom (Studies in English law) (2015)