Alex Ydstie is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Stockholm. He works with leading Nordic and European private equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as international corporates and his experience includes advising clients on M&A transactions in various industries, such as the technology, food and beverage, payments, renewable power, and retail sectors.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was an associate in another international law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Firm, Alex has advised the following clients:
- FSN Capital on its acquisition of the IT-companies Office IT-Partner, Zetup and Dicom (in total 21 independent companies).
- Nordic Capital and its portfolio company Quant on its acquisition of Sataservice.
- Nalka Invest in the divestment of Hööks to the Jula Holding group.
- The shareholders in the divestment of Diamorph AB (publ) to the British private equity firm Epiris.
His experience prior to joining the Firm includes advising:
- FSN Capital on its acquisition of Gram Equipment, Holmbergs Safety System and Bygghemma.
- EQT on its acquisition of Candidator.
- Valedo Partners on its acquisition of the restaurant chain Pincho Nation AB with locations in Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
- HgCapital Renewable Power Partners and its Swedish wind farm investment vehicle Vasa Vind in connection with an investment by APG in the 288 MW Åskälen onshore wind power project, which is located in the central Sweden region of Jämtland.
- Ingenico Group on its EUR 1.5 billion acquisition of Bambora.
- ABB, the global leader in power and automation technologies, on its acquisition of Svensk Industriautomation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- Sweden (2019)
- University of Lund, Sweden (LLM Juris kandidat) (2016)
- University of Kingston, The United Kingdom (Studies in English law) (2015)