Kosuke Yatabe is a member of the Firm's Capital Markets group in Tokyo, and has over 10 years of legal experience in Japan. He provides advice on various finance and M&A transactional matters as well as the regulation of financial institutions under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act. He was on secondment for two years in the international business division of Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc., where he handled independent electricity production projects, gas fuel infrastructure projects (including the Freeport project), and the business alliance with TEPCO.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the underwriters in an approximately JPY 110 billion global offering by NEC Corporation.
- Acted for Nidec Corporation in its JPY 80 billion Euro CB offering.
- Acted for W.W. Grainger, Inc. in its tender offer to acquire shares in MonotaRO, Co., Ltd.
- Acted for Gibson Brands, Inc. in its tender offer to acquire shares in TEAC Corporation.
- Acted for Gibson Brands, Inc. in its capital and business alliance with Onkyo Corporation.
- Acted for Prospect Reit Investment Corporation in its merger with Japan Rental Housing Investments Inc.
- Acted for Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. in its alliance with Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. in their overseas business and fuel procurement business.
- Acted for Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. and Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited in their investment in a submarine power transmission project for offshore wind power plants in Germany.
- Acted for Prospect Co., Ltd. in its all-share offer for the shares of a UK listed company. The offer was implemented by means of a scheme of arrangement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Daini Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2005)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LLM) (2012)
- Waseda University (LLB) (2002)