Wayne Yang is a member of the Firm’s Banking & Finance and Securities practice groups. Before joining Baker McKenzie, he worked for Ding & Ding Law Offices, where he practiced in various areas of law. His prior experience includes advising local and foreign clients on general and commercial matters, as well as maritime law matters and litigation. Mr. Yang also assisted clients in preparing bidding documents and agreements in major infrastructure bids. He is admitted to practice in New York, USA and the Republic of China. Mr. Yang is also a member of the Arbitration Association of the Republic of China.
Since joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Yang has focused his practice on banking, finance and securities matters. He has represented and advised leading airlines and lease companies in the structuring, negotiation and arrangement of aircraft sale and lease back transactions. He has also represented arrangers, project companies and IPPs in structuring, negotiating and drafting documents in various finance transactions for IPP and BOT cases. Mr. Yang is seasoned in providing sound legal advice regarding equity issues on local stock exchange, the issuance of ADRS and GDRs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Asian Development Bank regarding its issue of TWD bonds in Taiwan — the first TWD bond by a foreign issuer.
- Assisted Maersk Lines regarding its lease and operation of a pier in Kaohsiung Harbour, the first public pier operated by the private sector in Taiwan.
- Assisted Taiwan High Speed Rail Company and several IPPs in negotiating loan documentations.
- Advised, assisted and defended Taiwan Power Company in matters and disputes with respect to several of its power plant projects and bidding projects.
- Advised and assisted Chunghwa Telecom in its ADRs issuance and Fubon Group in its GDRs issuance.
- Assisted major local airlines to raise funds for purchasing new aircrafts and as well as in the sales and lease back transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- New York~United States (1994)
- Taipei~Taiwan (1990)
- New York University (M.C.J.) (1993)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1986)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.