Representative Legal Matters
- Provided compliance review and counseling on secondary containment and spill prevention requirements for national oil services provider.
- Advised on and provided analysis of various waste characterization and reuse matters, including enforcement matters with EPA.
- Assisted with the environmental support and due diligence for corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures of contaminated properties.
Prior to joining the Firm, Catherine handled the following matters:
- Provided transition support for air, water, hazardous substance, and other environmental permits in connection with spin-off of subsidiary of a major chemical manufacturing company.
- Assisted with the advocacy on project aggregation and other air emissions and permitting issues relating to multi-stage development at bulk storage terminal.
- Advised on radiation and explosives permitting issues in multiple state and foreign jurisdictions, including management of enforcement action involving missing radiation source.
- Assisted with the advocacy and defense in an enforcement matter, including negotiation of agreed order, relating to motor vehicle air emissions in California.
- Developed administrative comments on behalf of industry group on state emission credits rulemaking.
- Texas~United States (2013)
- University of Chicago Law School (JD) (2013)
- Rice University (BA cum laude) (2010)
Author, “Recent Developments in Emissions Banking and Trading," AFPM Environmental Conference, October 2015
Author, “Can North Dakota Flaring Problem Become Natural Gas Industry Advantage?” Oil & Gas Monitor, August 2014