Catherine Yang is an associate in the Baker McKenzie's Chicago office and a member of the Banking Finance & Major Projects Group.
Catherine focuses her practice on a wide range of environmental issues, including federal and state air quality regulations, enforcement actions, permitting, environmental litigation and transactional matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided compliance review and counseling on secondary containment and spill prevention requirements for national oil services provider.
- Advised on and provided analysis of various waste characterization and reuse matters, including enforcement matters with EPA.
- Assisted with the environmental support and due diligence for corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures of contaminated properties.
Prior to joining the Firm, Catherine handled the following matters:
- Provided transition support for air, water, hazardous substance, and other environmental permits in connection with spin-off of subsidiary of a major chemical manufacturing company.
- Assisted with the advocacy on project aggregation and other air emissions and permitting issues relating to multi-stage development at bulk storage terminal.
- Advised on radiation and explosives permitting issues in multiple state and foreign jurisdictions, including management of enforcement action involving missing radiation source.
- Assisted with the advocacy and defense in an enforcement matter, including negotiation of agreed order, relating to motor vehicle air emissions in California.
- Developed administrative comments on behalf of industry group on state emission credits rulemaking.
- Texas~United States (2013)
- University of Chicago Law School (JD) (2013)
- Rice University (BA cum laude) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.