Jerrold Yam is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A practice in London. He principally advises large corporates, funds and other financial sponsors on cross-border M&A (both buy and sell side), as well as general corporate law matters. Jerrold has spent six months on secondment with the loan syndications team at Standard Chartered Bank, as well as three months with Baker McKenzie's M&A practice in Singapore.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the majority shareholders on the USD 3 billion sale of MagicLab (which owns the dating and social networking apps, Bumble, Badoo, Chappy and Lumen) to Blackstone.
- Advising Accenture on its acquisition of Parker Fitzgerald, a financial services consultancy business.
- Advising Platinum Equity on the carve-out aspects of its USD 2.1 billion acquisition of LifeScan, a leader in blood glucose monitoring products, from Johnson & Johnson.
- Advising SUEZ on the carve-out aspects of its USD 3.4 billion acquisition of GE Water.
- Advising Platinum Equity on its USD 361 million acquisition of Pitney Bowes' global production mail business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2018)
- BPP (Legal Practice Course with Distinction) (2016)
- University College London (First Class Honours in Law receiving the Dean's List award) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.