Admitted in 2015, Brenton is a senior associate funds, corporate and securities lawyer in our Energy, Resources, Infrastructure and Corporate team, assisting clients across all industries in respect of funds, M&A, corporate restructures, and private investment.
Brenton advises clients in the areas of funds, M&A, corporate restructures, fund establishments, and private investment. He has experience in advising private clients, sovereign wealth funds and pension funds on both in-bound and out-bound investment, joint ventures, complex M&A transactions, establishing limited partnerships, private companies and trusts, and assisting global and domestic companies with the Australian aspects of corporate restructures. In particular, Brenton works closely with the Firm's real estate, banking and infrastructure groups to assist clients in those sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Various government pension funds, including the Future Fund and New South Wales Treasury Corporation, on Australian and international real estate and infrastructure investments (including advising on regulatory requirements and co-investment and management arrangements).
- StayWell Hospitality Group on the sale of their global hotel portfolio.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan on the acquisition of ~ 360 hectares of avocado orchards.
- APG with its commitment as the first major investor in the Greystar Australia Multifamily Venture I Trust, a fund sponsored by global property manager, Greystar, investing in Australian multifamily property assets.
- A global infrastructure asset manager with its circa A$185 million acquisition of a sell-down interest in an energy consortium.
- The Asia-Pacific arm of a global real estate investment management company with the acquisition of circa AUD 184 million in commercial property assets in Sydney, Australia, and circa AUD 200 million in commercial property assets in Melbourne, Australia.
- Wyndham Worldwide Corporation with the Australian aspects of its global restructure.
- Gaw Capital Partners with its AUD 157 million acquisition of the Bell City mixed use site.
- Goulburn Property Group with its acquisition of various commercial properties in Sydney, Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Tasmania (2015)
- University of Tasmania (Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws - Hons I) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.