Moe Worsley is a partner in the Firm's San Francisco/Palo Alto office and a member of the North America Tax Practice Group. Mr. Worsley primarily advises US and multinational enterprises on domestic and cross-border taxation matters. He has a broad range of experience in advising on US and international tax planning matters, in particular, post acquisition integrations, and structuring and implementing international operations, as well as cross-border mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
Mr. Worsley has advised on tax matters related to a domestic and cross-border transactions for a variety of public and private sectors including technology companies, travel companies, financial institutions (including banks and insurance companies), pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, private equity funds, governmental bodies and telecommunications companies.
Mr. Worsley focuses his practice on tax planning for post-acquisition integrations, optimizing cross-border operations and rationalizations. Mr. Worsley identifies and anticipates tax exposures and benefits in complex US and cross-border transactions.
Mr. Worsley also has extensive experience advising on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, evaluating and negotiating acquisition structures, purchase agreements and acquisition financing arrangements, and providing tax planning advice in connection with financial products and securities offerings.
- California~United States (2017)
- New York~United States (2009)
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D.) (2008)
- University of Michigan (B.A. Economics and Political Science) (2003)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-presenter, “Has Tax Reform Changed How to Approach your M&A Deals?” 2018 OFII Tax Conference, Scottsdale, AZ, 22 May 2018
- Co-presenter, “Fundamentals of U.S. International Taxation”, TEI’s 2018 Federal Tax Course – Level I, East Lansing, MI, 26 April 2018
- Co-presenter, “Impact of US Tax Reform on Structuring M&A Transactions” TEI Detroit Chapter International Day 2018, Troy, MI, 24 April 2018
- Co-presenter, “Outlook on Tax Reform: Consequences and Opportunities for M&A and Restructurings” Baker & McKenzie Webinar, 9 March 2018
- Author, “IRS Reconsiders the Treatment of M&A Termination Fees”, North America Tax Practice Group Newsletter, December 2016