Geoff Wood is the Head of Construction in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie where he specialises in Construction, Infrastructure and Major Projects. With more than 30 years' experience, Geoff is recognised as one of Australia's leading construction lawyers and is experienced in all aspects of the negotiation, documentation and administration of major construction, civil engineering, resources, defence and privately funded infrastructure projects, together with alliancing and the outsourcing of maintenance and other functions.
Geoff has extensive experience in major infrastructure, construction, defence contracting, alliancing and public/private partnership projects. He is often engaged in landmark and multi-billion dollar projects and is widely recognised as one of Australia's leading construction and infrastructure lawyers.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for major international consortia in the construction, operation and maintenance of desalination plants throughout Australia.
- Acted on some of Australia's largest ever public-private-partnership deals.
- Acted on multi-billion dollar on-shore and off-shore construction developments.
- Acted for State governments and some of Australia's largest, most prestigious, construction and infrastructure entities on landmark infrastructure works.
- Acted for contractors on some of Australia's largest military construction and through-life support projects
Geoff is named in numerous legal directories, including:
- Transportation Law Lawyer of the Year for Sydney, Best Lawyers, 2016
- Leading Individual in Construction, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016
- Best Lawyers International: Australia for Construction/Infrastructure and Transportation Law, 2008-2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bar Association - International Construction Projects Committee
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Society of Construction Law Australia - Member
- Western Australia~Australia (1996)
- Victoria~Australia (1993)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1990)
- Queensland~Australia (1990)
- New South Wales~Australia (1982)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (1982)
- Sydney University (LL.B.) (1982)
- Sydney University (B.A.) (1980)