Janice Wong is a special counsel at Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice Group.
Janice's practice focuses on capital markets, securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, including takeovers and other public company M&As, and regulatory compliance for listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
Initial public offerings
- Advised Yuexiu Services Group Limited (Stock Code: 6626) on its HKD 2.016 billion IPO and listing on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised International Housewares Retail Company Limited (Stock Code: 1373) on its HKD 692.6 million IPO and listing on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Sino Harbour Property Group Limited (Stock Code: 1663) on its HKD 330 million IPO and listing on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Sumpo Food Holding Limited (Stock Code: 1089) on its HKD 312.8 million IPO and listing on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Debt fund raisings by listed issuers
- Advised Yuexiu Property Company Limited and Yuexiu Transport Infrastructure on the issuance and listing of corporate bonds on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and the issuance and registration of notes on the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors respectively.
- Advised Yuexiu Property Company limited on substitution of issuer of Notes, and the tender offer for repurchase and consent solicitation to approve amendments to the terms and conditions of Notes under its MTN Programme.
Private equity and Pre-IPO investments
- Advised BOCOM International Holdings on its Series A investment by way of subscription of preference shares in a new tech company and its subsidiaries engaging in the development, manufacturing, sales and maintenance services of medical equipment utilizing AI technologies in Singapore and the PRC.
- Advised a private equity fund on its pre-IPO investments in multiple companies in the technology industry by way of subscription of preferred shares.
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising Chong Hing Bank Limited on the privatization proposal by its parent company, Yue Xiu Enterprises (Holdings) Limited, by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Yuexiu Property Company Limited on the acquisition of majority interest in a metro property project, the issuance of new shares to Guangzhou Metro and related whitewash waiver.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member, the Law Society of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong (2011)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.B.)
- City University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.