Ivy Wong is a partner with the Capital Markets practice group in Hong Kong and leads the Asia Pacific Capital Markets group. Her practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, compliance and general commercial work. Ivy has taken a leading role in many unprecedented and high-profile cross-border transactions involving multinational corporates.
Ivy focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and general commercial work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Shanghai Dongzheng Automotive Finance Co., Ltd, a spin-off from its Hong Kong-listed parent company, China ZhengTong Auto Services Holdings Limited, in its public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Cogobuy Group on its USD 177 million initial public offering on the HKSE, the first e-commerce company to list its shares on the HKSE. The deal won the Financial Times’ 2015 Innovation in Finance Law award.
- Advised Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., a clothing retailer based in Japan, in its listing of Hong Kong Depositary Receipts. This is the first listing filed and completed since the HKSE and the Securities and Futures Commission issued revised regulations for the listing of overseas companies. The deal won the Financial Times’ 2014 Innovation in Finance Law award.
- Advised econtext Asia Limited, a Japan-based online payment services provider, in its spin-off from Tokyo-listed Digital Garage, Inc. and HKD 516 million (USD 66 million) initial public offering and listing of shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Wynn Macau, Limited in its USD 1.87 billion initial public offering and listing on the HKSE (the first Main Board listing by a US-controlled business in Hong Kong).
- Advised Tencent in its pre-IPO investment in Koolearn Technology Holding Limited and its rights as a substantial shareholder of Koolearn.
- Advised a Chinese fund in its strategic investment into a Chinese on-call taxi operator with a view to listing its securities on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange or other international stock exchanges.
- Advised a Chinese food company in connection with proposed pre-IPO investments by strategic investors.
- Advised a Chinese investor in its investment and rights in connection with the merger of Didi and Uber China.
- New York (2009)
- New York~North America (2009)
- England & Wales (2003)
- England & Wales~North America (2003)
- Hong Kong (2002)
- Hong Kong~North America (2002)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.)
- University of Hong Kong (LL.B.)
- University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)
- University of British Columbia (BComm)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Asia Pacific Capital Markets Steering Committee - Chair
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.