Ivy Wong is a partner with the Capital Markets practice group in Hong Kong and leads the Asia Pacific Capital Markets group. Her practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, compliance and general commercial work. Ivy has taken a leading role in many unprecedented and high-profile cross-border transactions involving multinational corporates.
Ivy focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and general commercial work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a REIT with properties located in the Greater Bay Area in China in its proposed listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This is the first authorization application of a REIT under the sponsors’ regime adopted by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Representing a biotechnology company in the proposed spin-off listing of its subsidiary on the Star Market, a new innovative and science board on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Represented Credit Suisse and CICC as sponsors and underwriters in the USD 212 million public offering and spin-off listing of Shanghai Dongzheng Automotive Finance, a spin-off from its Hong Kong-listed parent company, China ZhengTong Auto Services Holdings, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This deal has adopted an unconventional and alternative offering structure that serves to facilitate the over-allotment arrangement and price stabilization activities.
- Represented Everbright Grand China Assets, a subsidiary of a state-owned conglomerate, in its public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented Tencent as a pre-IPO investor and substantial shareholder of Koolearn Technology in its USD 214 million public offering and successful listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Koolearn’s controlling shareholder is New Oriental Education & Technology Group, which is a listed company on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented APG Asset Management, an asset management firm incorporated in the Netherlands, and SK Holdings, a Korea-listed company, as pre-IPO investors in the proposed USD 1.24 billion listing of ESR Cayman on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented LGT Group Foundation, a foundation incorporated in the Principality of Liechtenstein, on its cornerstone investment in China Renaissance, an investment bank dedicated to China’s new economy businesses that went public on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and raised USD 347 million.
- Represented 3SBio, a leading and international biopharmaceutical company in China, in its USD 819 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The issuer was the first biopharmaceutical company to list its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented 3SBio on its cornerstone investment in MabPharm that is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange under the new pre-profits biotechnology companies’ listing regime.
- Represented Cogobuy Group, a leading e-commerce company with transaction-based e-commerce platform for integrated circuit and other electronic components in China, on its USD 177 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The issuer was the first e-commerce company to list its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and this deal adopted an innovative financial presentation structure that won the Financial Times’ 2015 Innovation in Finance Law award.
- New York~North America (2009)
- England & Wales (2003)
- Hong Kong (2002)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.)
- University of Hong Kong (LL.B.)
- University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)
- University of British Columbia (BComm)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Asia Pacific Capital Markets Steering Committee – Chair
- Global Capital Markets Steering Committee – Asia Pacific Representative
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.