Ivy Wong is the chair of Baker McKenzie's Capital Markets practice in Asia Pacific and serves on the Global Capital Markets Steering Committee. Based in Hong Kong, Ivy is qualified in Hong Kong, England and Wales and New York. She has led many unprecedented and high-profile securities offerings and cross-border transactions in Hong Kong, including many successful listings that are first of its kind on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and multiple landmark and innovative deals that won industry awards.
Ivy focuses on Hong Kong securities offerings, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, compliance and general corporate work. Ivy recognizes the commercial realities and challenges of different market players in the ever-changing global market conditions and ever-developing regulatory regimes and reforms in different jurisdictions. She has extensive expertise in handling international clients and resolving issues arising from different regulatory regimes. Her clients include many reputable fund houses, financial institutions, multinational corporates and conglomerates.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a REIT with properties located in the Greater Bay Area in China in its proposed listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This is the first authorization application of a REIT under the sponsors’ regime adopted by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Representing a biotechnology company in the proposed spin-off listing of its subsidiary on the Star Market, a new innovative and science board on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Represented Credit Suisse and CICC as sponsors and underwriters in the USD 212 million public offering and spin-off listing of Shanghai Dongzheng Automotive Finance Co., Ltd, a spin-off from its Hong Kong-listed parent company, China ZhengTong Auto Services Holdings Limited, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This deal has adopted an unconventional and alternative offering structure that serves to facilitate the over-allotment arrangement and price stabilization activities.
- Represented Everbright Grand China Assets Limited, a subsidiary of a state-owned conglomerate, in its public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented Tencent as a pre-IPO investor and substantial shareholder of Koolearn Technology Holding Limited in its USD 214 million public offering and successful listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Koolearn’s controlling shareholder is New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc., which is a listed company on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented APG Asset Management N.V., an asset management firm incorporated in the Netherlands, and SK Holdings Co., Ltd., a Korea-listed company, as pre-IPO investors in the proposed USD 1.24 billion listing of ESR Cayman Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented LGT Group Foundation, a foundation incorporated in the Principality of Liechtenstein, on its cornerstone investment in China Renaissance Holdings Limited, an investment bank dedicated to China’s new economy businesses that went public on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and raised USD 347 million.
- Represented 3SBio Inc., a leading and international biopharmaceutical company in China, in its USD 819 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The issuer was the first biopharmaceutical company to list its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented 3SBio Inc. on its cornerstone investment in MabPharm Limited that is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange under the new pre-profits biotechnology companies’ listing regime.
- Represented Cogobuy Group, a leading e-commerce company with transaction-based e-commerce platform for integrated circuit and other electronic components in China, on its USD 177 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The issuer was the first e-commerce company to list its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and this deal adopted an innovative financial presentation structure that won the Financial Times’ 2015 Innovation in Finance Law award.
- New York~North America (2009)
- England & Wales (2003)
- Hong Kong (2002)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.)
- University of Hong Kong (LL.B. and P.C.LL.)
- University of British Columbia (BComm)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Asia Pacific Capital Markets Steering Committee – Chair
- Global Capital Markets Steering Committee – Asia Pacific Representative
- Junior Lawyers Committee
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.