Christina Wong is an associate in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Christina clerked with several government agencies, including the California Attorney General’s Office, where she argued before the Court of Appeal with a favorable decision published in California case law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted the first court-ordered criminal antitrust monitorship in US law enforcement history for a multinational Taiwan-based electronics manufacturer convicted of cartel activity/price fixing under the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions, summary judgment and award of attorneys’ fees in US District Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles, on behalf of an international clothing retailer against its largest former franchisee for violations of non-compete provisions of franchise agreements in five states.
- Defended a major Taiwanese electronics manufacturer and its US subsidiaries in putative nationwide class action filed in the Northern District of California alleging violations of various California consumer laws.
- Represented a major US airline in two putative class actions consolidated in the Northern District of California alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003. Obtained an early favorable settlement for client.
- Assisted in an internal compliance investigation for a publicly traded, multinational corporation involving whistleblower allegations of FCPA violations in Chile and other jurisdictions.
- Assisted in an internal due diligence investigation for a US-based paper and packaging manufacturer involving potential FCPA violations in Mexico.
- Successfully represented an executive of a publicly traded packaged food company during investigations by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Won early dismissal of a California action alleging product defects against a high-end Japanese cosmetics manufacturer.
- Defended the US subsidiary of a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer in international arbitration held in California against claims arising from a cross-border agreement with a Mexican distributor.
- Obtained early dismissal of a federal action alleging successor liability against a Spanish venture capital firm and a Spanish software company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association – Litigation and Antitrust Sections, Cartel & Criminal Practice Subgroup
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association, Greater Bay Area
- Bar Association of San Francisco - Chair of the Barristers Club International Practice Section
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Provided pro bono legal services to the San Francisco Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement during its investigation into potential bias in San Francisco’s law enforcement agencies.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2013)
- California~United States (2013)
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2012)
- University of California at Riverside (BA Psychology, Law and Society) (2005)
- San Diego