Christina Wong is a senior litigation associate in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office. She represents foreign and domestic corporations involved in high-stakes commercial litigation and white-collar defense, with a focus on cross-border disputes. Prior to joining the Firm, Christina clerked with several government agencies, including the California Attorney General’s Office, where she argued before the Court of Appeal with a favorable decision published in California case law.
Representative Legal Matters
Third-chaired a six-week jury trial in the Santa Clara County Superior Court defending a publicly traded global technology company and two foreign subsidiaries in a cross-border contract dispute governed by Malaysian law, succeeding on 34 of 36 alleged claims and obtaining a jury award of only 4% of plaintiff’s damages demand.
Conducted the first court-ordered criminal antitrust monitorship in US law enforcement history for a multinational Taiwan-based electronics manufacturer convicted of cartel activity/price fixing under the Sherman Antitrust Act.
Served as third chair in an international arbitration defending a South Korean automotive manufacturer against a Mexican distributor alleging breach contract, violations of Unfair Competition Law, and torts.
Defended a major US airline in two putative class actions consolidated in the Northern District of California alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003. Obtained an early favorable settlement for client.
Defended a major Taiwanese electronics manufacturer and its US subsidiaries in putative nationwide class action filed in the Northern District of California alleging violations of various California consumer laws.
Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions, summary judgment and award of attorneys’ fees in the Central District of California on behalf of an international clothing retailer against its largest former franchisee for violations of non-compete provisions of franchise agreements in five states.
Successfully represented an executive of a publicly traded packaged food company during concurrent investigations by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
Won early dismissal of a product defects claim against a high-end Japanese cosmetics manufacturer in the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Assisted in an internal due diligence investigation for a US-based paper and packaging manufacturer involving potential FCPA violations in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association – Litigation and Antitrust Sections; Cartel & Criminal Practice Subgroup
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association, Greater Bay Area
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Member and Former Chair of the International Practice Section
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Provided pro bono legal services to the San Francisco Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement during its investigation into potential bias in San Francisco’s law enforcement agencies.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2013)
- California~United States (2013)
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2012)
- University of California at Riverside (BA Psychology, Law and Society) (2005)
- San Diego
Co-author, Brady Policies and Practices in the Report of The Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement, July 2016
Co-author, "The United States Supreme Court Revisits 'Fraud on the Market' Reliance," Baker McKenzie North America Securities Litigation & Enforcement Newsletter, March 2014
Speaker, "What’s Hot in Antitrust: Compliance & Beyond," Association of Corporate Counsel, March 2018
Moderator, "Nuts and Bolts of International Arbitration," BASF Barristers Club International Practice, July 2017
Speaker, "Navigating Local Law Conflicts to Preserve Attorney-Client Privilege in Cross-Border Matters," NAPABA Western Regional Conference, July 2017