Christina Wong is a senior litigation associate in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office. She represents foreign and domestic corporations involved in high-stakes commercial litigation and white-collar defense, with a focus on cross-border disputes. She is a member of the Firm's North America Commercial Litigation Group, Class Action Subgroup, Trade Secrets Practice Group, and Antitrust Practice Group. She also serves on several of the Firm’s committees, including the California Inclusion & Diversity Committee, Associate’s Committee and Recruiting Committee. Christina also serves as the co-chair of the Baker Asian Lawyers Network (BALN).
Christina handles complex business disputes for large corporate clients in the technology and media, automotive and transportation, food and beverage, and consumer goods industries. She has hands-on experience with all stages of litigation, including pretrial matter management, depositions, complex motion practice, jury trial, and appellate review. Christina also practices in the area of white-collar defense, and represents clients in connection with government enforcement actions arising out of alleged violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act, securities laws, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtained complete defense verdict in six-week jury trial in the Santa Clara County Superior Court for a publicly traded global technology company and its domestic subsidiary, and defeated six of eight claims against the company’s foreign subsidiary.
- Conducted the first court-ordered criminal antitrust monitorship in US law enforcement history for a multinational Taiwan-based electronics manufacturer convicted of cartel activity/price fixing under the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of a consumer class action in the Southern District of New York alleging false labeling and unfair business practices.
- Represented the former CEO of a Silicon Valley-based data analytics company in an enforcement action by the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding use of data.
- Defended a South Korean automotive manufacturer in an international arbitration against a Mexican distributor alleging breach contract, violations of Unfair Competition Law, and torts.
- Defended a major US airline in two putative class actions consolidated in the Northern District of California alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003.
- Defended a major Taiwanese electronics manufacturer and a world champion professional gamer in putative nationwide class action filed in the Northern District of California alleging violations of various California consumer laws.
- Successfully represented an executive of a publicly traded packaged food company during concurrent investigations by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association – Litigation and Antitrust Sections; Cartel & Criminal Practice Subgroup
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association, Greater Bay Area
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Member and Former Chair of the International Practice Section
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Provided pro bono legal services to the San Francisco Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement during its investigation into potential bias in San Francisco’s law enforcement agencies.
- California~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado~United States
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD, cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2012)
- University of California at Riverside (BA Psychology, Law and Society) (2005)
- San Diego
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “Plastic and Recyclability Litigation: Best Practices to Minimize Risk,” NACD BoardTalk, July 2022
- Co-author, Chapter 4, "Internal Investigations," Counseling California Corporations, CEB, 2021-2022
- Co-author, Brady Policies and Practices in the Report of The Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement, July 2016
- Co-author, "The United States Supreme Court Revisits 'Fraud on the Market' Reliance," Baker McKenzie North America Securities Litigation & Enforcement Newsletter, March 2014
- Author, "Recent Ruling Limits ACPERA’s Single Antitrust Damages for Cartel Whistle Blowers in the US," Baker McKenzie Global Antitrust and Competition Client Alert, September 2013
- Co-author, "'Emergency Relief' in International Arbitration," The Recorder, January 2011