Betty Wong is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Practice Group in Hong Kong. She mainly advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance.
Ms. Wong’s practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, including takeovers, joint ventures, corporate finance, corporate restructurings, shareholders’ disputes, and general commercial and advisory work. She also has experience in banking and finance work.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Acted for Chinese Estates Holdings Limited in a major and connected transaction in relation to its disposal of holding companies of various Hong Kong properties and Macau interests.
- Acted for Tsinghua Tongfang Co. Ltd., a Shanghai Stock Exchange-listed company in its takeover of Neo-Neon Holdings Limited.
- Acted for Luk Fook Holdings (International) Limited in its acquisition of 3D-Gold interests from Hong Kong Resources Holdings Company Limited.
- Acted for Samling Global Limited in its privatization by member's scheme and advised in its privatization of Lingui Developments Berhad and Glenealy Plantations (Malaya) Berhad (being its subsidiary and associated companies listed on Bursa Malaysia).
- Acted for a renowned real estate private equity fund in various acquisitions in the Hong Kong and Macau real estate markets including residential development, service apartment and industrial building.
- Advised a state-owned majority shareholder of a listed company in Hong Kong in its investments in a coal mine in Australia.
- Advised China LotSynergy Holdings Limited in its transfer of listing from GEM Board to Main Board on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised various Lai Sun group companies in relation to an open offer of Lai Fung Holdings Limited and rights issued by Lai Sun Development Company Limited.
- Advised The Link REIT in the establishment of its first euro medium-term notes program valued at USD1 billion.
- Advised minority shareholders of a Hong Kong-based airline group in shareholders' disputes and liquidation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong (1999)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1997)
- University of Hull (LL.B. Honors) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.