Dr. Herbert Wohlmann has served as of counsel in the Zurich office since 2007. He has 38 years' experience in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry, the last 12 years as general counsel and board secretary of Clariant. He was the first laureate of the Vontobel prize of the Schweizerischer Juristenverein (Swiss Lawyers Association), which recognized his "excellent combination" of practice and science. Dr. Wohlmann was previously division counsel for the chemical division of Sandoz, which was spun off into Clariant, and a lecturer at the University of Zurich (1973-2006) and the University of Basel (1996-2007), for all kinds of commercial law.
Dr. Wohlmann advises on various matters involving corporate law, antitrust law, and compliance. He has written numerous publications in corporate law and antitrust law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Schweizer Anwaltsverband
- Basler Juristenverein
- Schweizerischer Juristenverein
- International Association of Jewish Lawyers
- Diabetes Society Basel - Board Member
- Foundation for the Center of Jewish Studies, University of Basel - Council Member
- Christian-Jewish Association Switzerland - Board Member
- Switzerland (1970)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (1967)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.