Markus Winkler combines practicing law with an extensive experience in international wealth and asset management. His special focus lies on regulatory affairs and data privacy issues related to the financial services and the technology industries.
Markus advises companies on regulatory compliance for existing and new entities or products and services.On the preventive side, this includes advice on compliance-by-design, in particular in respect to client on-boarding and e-marketing communication or supplier and outsourcing relationships. He also supports company management in detecting internal compliance issues (e.g. data leaks, unlawful behaviour) and in taking corrective measures, including assisting them in their relationship with competent authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association
- CFA Institute
- Switzerland (2015)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur., Walther Hug Foundation Prize) (2014)
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich (Dr. sc. math.) (2001)
- Co-author, Länderbericht Schweiz, in: Ruhmannseder/Behr/Krakow, Hinweisgebersysteme, Implementierung in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz, 2. Auflage, Heidelberg 2021
- Author, Beweisrechtliche Behandlung elektronischer Signaturen, SZZP 2/2021
- Author, InsurTech and Data Privacy Issues/The Swiss perspective, in: J. Frick/I. Barsan (Eds.), InsurTech, RTDF N° 2, 2020
- Co-author, Legal Framework of InsurTech/The Swiss perspective, in: J. Frick/I. Barsan (Eds.), InsurTech, RTDF N° 2, 2020
- Author, Credit Scoring, AML Software & Risk Profiling: Automatisierte Entscheidungen im Rahmen von Finanzdienstleistungen, SZW 1/2020
- Author, Grenzbetrachtungen zum Bankgeheimnis, Jusletter, June 2019