Dr. Eugen Wingerter is a member of the Firm's Antitrust & Competition Practice Group in Dusseldorf. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he was part of the antitrust team of a German boutique law firm that focuses on corporate and competition law.
During his legal clerkship, Eugen worked in the scope of competition law at the European Commission, Directorate-General for Competition, unit for antitrust case support and policy, at a leading international law firm and in the compliance department of a listed German industrial group.
Eugen has completed a PhD thesis on European competition law, which was awarded the Faculty Prize of the University of Munster. He is also a court-authorized Russian and German translator.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers - Member
- Germany (2016)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamm (Second State Exam) (2015)
- University of Muenster (Dr. jur.) (2014)
- University of Hagen (Dipl.-Kfm. Master's Degree in Business Administration) (2014)
- University of Muenster (First State Exam) (2010)
- Exeter University (2008)