Kira Whyte is an associate in the Banking & Finance Practice Group in London. Kira assists clients with project finance, securitisation, insolvency, structured and trade financing as well as regulatory and compliance advice. She has experience in drafting facility agreements, security documents and other finance documents.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the lender group in respect of the 25MW Ngodwana Bio-Mass Project under the Department of Energy's Renewable Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme.
- Advised a pan-African multilateral trade finance institution with its investment in a Portuguese entity to fund the acquisition of various equipment and expenditure related to such equipment.
- Advised a multilateral development finance institution in respect of its multi-currency financing to a registered development credit provider in the amounts of USD 10 million and ZAR 1.4 million.
- Advised two African banks in relation to the drafting and negotiating of a USD 50 million bridge standby letter of credit facility made available to a petroleum corporation operating in Africa.
- Assisting a South African bank in relation to an uncommitted receivables discounting facility made available to an agricultural commodities trader.
- Advised a multinational investment bank in relation to financing a stock of non-ferrous metals and concentrates in South Africa made available under a syndicated uncommitted transactional secured borrowing base revolving credit facility
- Assisted in advising FirstRand Bank (a division of Rand Merchant Bank) and Standard Bank of South Africa in relation to the Tiso Blackstar Group's rearrangement of its various debt facilities.
- Advised Aveng Limited and its subsidiaries in relation to the restructuring of their bank, bond and other facilities with several different funders. Also provided strategic advice on the fiduciary duties of directors and distressed disposals of various assets.
- Advised a fund manager in respect of the structuring and the establishment of a pan-African clean energy fund for the purposes of financing commercial and industrial solar PV rooftop projects and energy efficiency projects, including advice in respect of the underlying project documents.
- South Africa (2019)
- University of Johannesburg (LLB, cum laude) (2016)
- University of Johannesburg (BA Law, cum laude) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.