Jeremy White is a member of the Corporate/M&A Group in Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office. He focuses on outbound and inbound Japan transactions and is recognized as a key individual by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 where clients have noted his business-focused advice and experience working across cultures.
Jeremy focuses on cross-border mergers, acquisitions, disposals, spin-outs and joint ventures. His practice also covers alliances between multinationals as well as greenfield corporate and venture investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a listed Japanese corporation in over 10 transactions across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the Americas. All were minority share purchases in the tech sector with consequent joint venture arrangements.
- Acted for a Japanese trading house in a divestment, acquisition and two joint ventures across the Americas and Europe. All were transactions in the retail and manufacturing sectors.
- Acted for a Japanese trading house in its 2016 auction acquisition of a US coatings multinational. Private equity seller counterparty.
- Acted for a Japanese trading house in two staggered acquisitions and joint ventures exceeding USD 1 billion. Both were transactions in the aluminium sector.
- Acted for a listed Japanese printing manufacturer in its 2015 acquisition of a pan-European manufacturer and its 2016 acquisition of a US multinational. Both deals were competitive auctions with private equity sellers.
- Acted for a foreign investment fund in three inbound acquisitions in multiple sectors.
- Acted for one of Japan's biggest brewers in multiple transactions across the alcohol and non-alcohol sectors. These include the sale by auction of a major European subsidiary, the acquisition and buyout of a Japan-based joint venture, and collaborations with US soft drink and beer manufacturers.
- Acted for a top five pharmaceutical multinational in its joint venture with Japan's second largest pharmaceutical company to establish Japan's largest vaccine manufacturer. Also acted in various unrelated transactions, including Japanese Marketing Authorization transfer and long term exclusive distribution and manufacture arrangements.
- Acted for a top five European bank in its joint venture with a Japanese megabank to form Japan's largest private wealth business. Also acted on three follow-up transactions.
- Acted for a listed Japanese copper producer in its acquisition and joint venture with a listed Canadian entity. Also assisted the client in two separate matters in Japan and Southeast Asia, respectively.
- Japan (Attorney at Foreign Law)~Japan (2009)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- College of Law (1999)
- Oxford University (1997)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.